SD2 chip log

forcefed3.8's

Buckeye Bullet
I made 2 runs with the sd2 chip in a friend's car he other night. After some fueling and AFR target adjustment, and setting high map timing to 18, made a good clean pass. Came back checked over the log, and timing showed 25deg, where it should have been 18. This is at 28lbs boost. Is the timing accurate on the powerlogger, what would cause the timing to stay so high?

1.2 chip? Check the flex fuel timing offset curve. It's probably not set to zero.

Like Steve said, it's probably the spark vs. alcohol content table, which adds on to the main spark table. See below.

Captureqq.JPG

Yep. All zeros.

This curve is useful if you want to make use of the flex fuel feature. In that case you would set the base timing maps rather low (for pump gas) and use this curve to add timing as ethanol content increases.

Ok. The sd2 chip is pretty nice. I am used to XFI, so I am fighting myself trying to learn this now. Basic idea is the same, just a different layout, and it got thrown at me, so i didnt get enough time to become comfortable with the powerlogger layout and tables.

That should be set to 0 from the start, and more in the instructions about how to use it for those that want to use it. 25 deg timing and 28psi on a 9 sec car isnt good. The car lifted a head and pressurized the cooling system on an otherwise clean pass. Afr was 10.8 on e85. I had no idea that it was adding timing.

That should be set to 0 from the start, and more in the instructions about how to use it for those that want to use it. 25 deg timing and 28psi on a 9 sec car isnt good. The car lifted a head and pressurized the cooling system on an otherwise clean pass. Afr was 10.8 on e85. I had no idea that it was adding timing.
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!...... Gots to be more careful... Shit

Yep. All zeros.

This curve is useful if you want to make use of the flex fuel feature. In that case you would set the base timing maps rather low (for pump gas) and use this curve to add timing as ethanol content increases.

Set to zero? Mine isn't zero'd and doesn't interfere with my timing. I don't run E85.

Dave, I could be wrong but I think it only comes into play if the fuel composition cell is raised for e85.