SD2 chip with alky

knob

After taking my car to the dyno, I believe its time to step up to the SD2 so I can tune it better. I have read the installation instructions for the new chip and most of the work is already done minus the IAT relocate. My question is....how do I setup the new chip for alky? Ive searched but found very little info on how to do this.

You set the afr target and wot timing. Thats about it..

WOT @ 25psi boost I target 10.8 afr and 20* max spark advance with Alky and 93oct.

Rick

After taking my car to the dyno, I believe its time to step up to the SD2 so I can tune it better. I have read the installation instructions for the new chip and most of the work is already done minus the IAT relocate. My question is....how do I setup the new chip for alky? Ive searched but found very little info on how to do this.

Welcome to the club. You just need to tune to your AFR using the AFR and VE tables. If you squirt Alky it will be in your AFR reading and the chip will add or subtract fuel based on your target. Once you get it tuned it is an awesome product. For me, I tune to an AFR of 10.4 at wot.

The WOT wideband closed loop control works the same way as the chip you already had (the 6.1 chip).

I've been debating on making this switch and probably will over the winter....I see more of an advantage with being able to tune 1st and 2nd gear better, better fuel milage, quicker starts, beter idle, things like that....My WOT AFR ratios have pretty much been where I needed them to be without having to really do anything with Bailey's Extender Extreme chip....

Would any of you guys be willing to share your VE and AFR tables for your alky tune? I've got the sd2 chip ready to install but am hesitant to install it since the car is running good on the alky 5.7 chip. Thanks

Paul

Would any of you guys be willing to share your VE and AFR tables for your alky tune? I've got the sd2 chip ready to install but am hesitant to install it since the car is running good on the alky 5.7 chip. Thanks

Paul[/QUOTE

I think the base tables will be close to what you need and what works for me will be off for you as all these cars are different in tuning alky or not .

That makes sense but I just figured that it would give me more insight on where to start removing fuel for the alky. How did you go about setting the tune, did you use the global fuel adjustment or tinker with the VE and AFR tables? I was planning to start by taking the boost back down to 18 turning off the alky and adjusting the VE table until the wideband correction was minimized. After that would I turn the alky on and adjust the AFR table? Then bring the boost back in? What do y'all think, is there a better approach to it?

Paul

That makes sense but I just figured that it would give me more insight on where to start removing fuel for the alky. How did you go about setting the tune, did you use the global fuel adjustment or tinker with the VE and AFR tables? I was planning to start by taking the boost back down to 18 turning off the alky and adjusting the VE table until the wideband correction was minimized. After that would I turn the alky on and adjust the AFR table? Then bring the boost back in? What do y'all think, is there a better approach to it?

Paul
I tuned the cell table first the best I could then fine tune the 've tables to get correction down to a minimum , as you can see I set 13.5afr then 14.5 and the 10.2 afr with the alky on , I tuned for safety and middle of the road for safe tune .

Attachments

• 1411067814283.jpg
    1411067814283.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Paul like I said it all depends on your set up , cam , heads , turbo , injectors you get the idea . On my stocker I set it up completely different and it has no alky and basically stock with a few bolts on`s

If it helps get you started, I adjusted the BLM cells first to get the car running pretty good (cam size really impacts the initial tune from eric and bob). Then I set up the AFR cells for what I wanted (many will be fine out of the box). This includes the cells I wanted for NB tuning and then the AFR cells at wot. Then you can work the VE tables to get your corrections down. Finally I would then look at any blending of cells that are adjacent have large jumps between them. That's one way to start. Then it becomes fine tuning.