SE Turbo Front Mount Intercooler

Otto J

Anyone ever use one?
Seems like a nice peice
Would like to see some data on intake temps with it.
Maybe SE Turbo can chime in.

pic here sorry

Attachments

• INTER.jpg
    INTER.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,136
Russ Merritt said:
He just got rid of Cottons FM. He's lookin for something better for his set up.

Why is he switching from the Cottons front mount?? I thought it was one of the best out there.
What were his inlet temps??

top gun said:
Why is he switching from the Cottons front mount?? I thought it was one of the best out there.

I'll let him answer that....

I know what mine were in Ohio.........They were slightly warmer than yurs.... ;)

top gun said:

Dave please tell me that the double core unit you have works with your single???
If it is not keeping up with you it will be junk with my twins.

Russ Merritt said:
He just got rid of Cottons FM. He's lookin for something better for his set up.

Something BETTER than Cottons? I suppose he wants something stronger than a diamond too? Sorry I can't help, but what else is there?

I dont believe its a precision,Its bigger than their standard unit,and i didnt see anything on Precision site showing that model.

Antagon,I plan on running a bigger turbo and more boost this year,Last year my intake temps where a bit high when i cranked it up over 26#s with the big 76 turbo i was running.Jack is also building a larger intercooler he told me was for 8-9 seconds cars, he is currently running the new one on his car.

Another vote for Cottons proven piece, here...

I've also heard about the NEW, larger piece, but don't know of any test results on inlet temps. between the two. I don't mean to discredit SE's piece, BUT..Who's using one with favorable results ? Looks nice on that pic.

From the data I saw on Cottons intercooler, if you had a flat spot on your up pipe you could fry an egg after the pass. :eek:

Just curious, what kind of temps are you guys seeing in the up pipe? The most I have ever seen with mine would be 130deg. F, and it only raises 5 degrees total in the quarter mile run.

top gun said:
From the data I saw on Cottons intercooler, if you had a flat spot on your up pipe you could fry an egg after the pass. :eek:

What are the turbo outlet temps on that data? Something in the "melt sand" range? :biggrin:

Sully

top gun said:

Thats funny..... we all know that not everyone gets it done.... no doubt, whoever you are talking about Dave, has a problem. Since everyone else seems to have excellent results, I would suggest a deeper look into the combination, possibly the tuneup, turbo, installation of the IC..... etc. :eek: :) :)