SE Turbo Hood Liner

I was thinking of getting one of these as well.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have one on my GN and was happy with it except for the fact that you lose a bit of hood clearance since the panel is flat unlike the stocker. Have read of some having issues with that company so buyer beware I guess.

I found a link once from a company that made them formed from some airplane tipy heat resistant material.
You could order it with a list of multiple graphics. I can’t locate it thought.
looked good
Anyone else see this?

EDIT. it was like these but graphics were available.

http://hoodliners.blogspot.com/p/buick-gallery.html

EDIT AGAIN. Found it. just scroll down. looks great

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47561275@N00

D

Supposedly they had issues with GM licensing, so they don't do Buick ones anymore. They used to have them on ebay all the time. I thinks I should have grabbed one when they were available. I have heard of a couple people melting them a little though when they don't have a turbo shield.

I lived 5 mins from when his shop was in Dallas, Ga. Not sure if its still there or not. But I would never deal with them again.

I have left 6 messages on their phone about the exchange on Chrome parts...I have never heard a word.
I would turn and run now...while you still have your $$$

Please elaborate.

D

I helped him and his brother out on several occasions with passing emissions on his customers cars and I never asked for anything. Then one day I asked to borrow a tool for a valve spring swap in my car. At the time I considered Paul a decent friend. He then told me I could tow my car up and pay him to do the job.

I have left 6 messages on their phone about the exchange on Chrome parts...I have never heard a word.
I would turn and run now...while you still have your $$$

Same here 4 or 5 emails asking about their chrome parts and nothing. Completely ignored, it's a shame though they had a lot of chrome on their site. :(

I helped him and his brother out on several occasions with passing emissions on his customers cars and I never asked for anything. Then one day I asked to borrow a tool for a valve spring swap in my car. At the time I considered Paul a decent friend. He then told me I could tow my car up and pay him to do the job.

Don't ever ask to borrow a man's horse (car), his woman, or his tools.

But - as a contradiction to this - today, as is so common, guys see my rig at the junkyard and inevitably come up asking to borrow this or that.
I usually just say no.
I'm really not into that, since I sort of think even though we're car guys - I can't save the world, it's a dog eat dog world out there, every man for himself sort of thing and if you go to the yard, ya gotta come prepared - or come back.
But, I was feeling charitable so I said ok. Especially considering he was in my 1 foot happy zone and literally staring at the tool he needed.
What do you know, next minute, I need something to get a part off that I came for and wouldn't ya know - it was back in the truck and 15 minutes to closing time. So no time.
I said to the borrower - "ya got a xxx" (mallet - yeah, no sheet - I'm deep in the jungle without my mallet!)
He does, I grab said mallet, off comes part - win / win!
Or - I could be laying under a car that has fallen on me and the same guy I refused might be two cars away and pretend he didn't see my legs flopping wildly.
I gotta lighten up on that loaning tools rule.

I still won't loan out my woman or my horse though.
Never loan out you car or your woman to another man - they throw a rod in it every time!

Same here 4 or 5 emails asking about their chrome parts and nothing. Completely ignored, it's a shame though they had a lot of chrome on their site. :(

The only take away I get from looking at their website with the chrome stuff is:
Thanks - I now have a baseline price on chroming my brackets and stuff.
Since just about every piece requires a core - and shipping.

There is no shortage of chroming places still where I can either ship or drop off my pieces to be chromed.
Since I have plenty of spares (brackets/ cores), and it's not as if I need to do a swap.
It's not as if they offer exclusive items that are chromed.
I did not see any unique items that are chromed, that I can't get from any of our other vendors.

So...all that mans is ..if you have your brackets you want chromed....accumulate some of the extras - and just shop around for a chromer below that price and you're ahead.

"Turboclam" really knows their story.
He's over in their area.
He's told it to me, but I can't recite it exactly, and would probably sully more reputations if I tried.
I think the jist of it is - from what I recall Turboclam telling me - is they started strong, had a business /. friendship falling out, one guy went one way, the other guy stayed, and things went downhill.

But I will agree - that cool, embroidered hood liner insulator pad is the one thing they seem to have that none of our vendor guys seem to offer. Why?

I just found out the man has cancer of the lungs, liver and pancreas.
He has stopped making hood liners.

http://www.hoodliners.net/Store.html

D

I emailed him on Friday after seeing this thread, he replied very quickly and I ordered a hoodliner for my GN which will include the original graphic, not sure where the info on him not doing them and not using the Buick graphic came from.