Seat Bent?

terryk

My original 86 TT buckets are in nearly perfect condition but when you sit in the drivers seat it feels like the drivers right-side seat back is a couple of inches farther back than the left side. As a result you feel like you are going to fall into the console.

Is it the seat back that is bent or the foam not providing the support?

Is new foam available?

Terry

Terry your weld broke more then likely.It's pretty common I sold alot of upper seat frames because of the very same reason.You may want to strip the upper half down & investigate & reweld if needed.

Ok, I removed the seat back and that didn't help. Now I just fall backwards....

I have this problem on my 84 monte, but the floor is dipped down slightly on the RR seat bottom from a rearend collision. I too feel like I am falling into the trans tunnel.:(

I stripped down the seat back. The frame assembly looks fine. I'm going to try and measure it out. It could be tweaked though.

Is the foam for the seats still available? I would imagine that if nothing else the foam is compressing from age.

On the problem side, there are two broken wires that connect the side bolstering to the main foam. It looks like there is wire supports molded into the foam.

Terry