SEEKING: Stock New or Used Torque Converter

TurboJunky

Fire the Federal Gov't
I'm not happy with my stall converter and am looking for a stock, lockup replacement.

I will have a perfectly good stock 39K mile stall converter out of a 87 GN in the next few weeks as soon as we swap it out for a higher stall. Where are you located at?

Pittsburghkid; It's a 10" 2800 stall. It came with a rebuilt transmission I needed for my Limited. My stock tranny died and I bought a heavy duty rebuilt unit from a member on this board. I opted for the 10" stall to keep the 1-2 shifts from hitting really hard on his recommendation but I'm not happy with it. I'd prefer the standard stall speed and have hard shift points. I don't race my car, it's a Limited that's 98% original.

49-blues; I'm in southern-lower Michigan.

My engine is stock/original. Not sure the brand, *I THINK* it's a 10" GM from a 3800 V6 that has a higher stall (2800) than stock.

Forgive me but is a d-5 equivalent to a stock unit or is it a stock lockup unit? PM me with your address info....I'm interested if it's a stocker.

Thanks for all the input and offers gentlemen. Jeremy (former owner of my Limited) and I have worked out a straight up swap.