Seeking Transmission Help in S/E Michigan

TurboJunky

Fire the Federal Gov't
I need a reliable referral for transmission work on on my Limited here in S/E Michigan. I don't want to take it to someone who "casually" works on trannies but want someone who knows what they're doing with a LC2 200R4. My Limited isn't a run-of-the-mill turbo Regal and want an expert, 1 time fix.

My car is hanging pretty badly between 1-2 shifts, doesn't shift at the proper RPM and the adjusting the detent cable doesn't affect it.

Referrals please??......

Honestly I've never had any work done by him, but I hear, and read on here that he does very good work... If and when I need my trans done I will be contacting him...

Go to the bottom of the main forum page and look at the vendor list. This will help you figure out who can do it for you and where they are.

Yep, already poked around there. I was looking for personal experiences too, especially when it comes to transmission work. Thanks for the help guys....I'm looking up Brian's site now and wrote to him.

I would bet that every T-type/G-national owner feels their car is special and like no other, goes without saying really, I mean if it was "just" a Chevy it would not matter..or would it? Fact is that your Buick "IS" special, because you own it and have kept it alive, ain't the car being special, it's about you and brand loyalty,....and you are not alone in this respect.
You live in Michigan, Brian should be at the top of the list for your transmission solutions in this area, if you lived near Lonnie, or Chris, or Bruce, you should visit or contact any of them(For crying out loud, they all work together to make this **** better, lol) fixing broke dick drivetrains is what these guy's do, and five get's you a tenner that any 200-4R that get's blamed for "Hanging a 1-2 shift" in a turbo buick most likely has a engine RPM issue, not a transmission problem, I don't mean to slight your thoughts, but transmissions seldom change shift points on their own, better chance on an engine that quits pulling to shift point, be it fuel-valve springs-clogged exhaust-etc. I'll vouch for any of them to properly diagnois your troubles, all you have to do is listen to them. Good luck.

Kevin.

Yep, already poked around there. I was looking for personal experiences too, especially when it comes to transmission work. Thanks for the help guys....I'm looking up Brian's site now and wrote to him.

Brian built the trans in my TTA and is awesome. Would definately buy again.

Jason

Not knocking anyone else... Hands down, you can't beat Lonnie at Extreme Automatics. He is within driving distance if you want to take your tranny and meet him. His work is rock solid and he will back his work up, plain period. I have his stage 2 with a brake and love it. He makes several of his own parts that can't be outdone.

If I had to do it over again, no doubt - Lonnie....

I would give Dave a call :

Turbo Buick Performance
Quality and Integrity come first at TBPT
David Husek - Owner
Long Island, New York
516-285-1103