sequential turbo Setup?

Odog87

Anybody running or know of anybody running a sequential turbo setup in a GN/TR? Im out here in japan and I met a guy building a rx7 with this setup so Im curious if anyone has researched this in the past or has any feedback?

Turbofabricator on this board had a twin turbo setup that mimicked the Sequential in how it looked but that's about as much as you'll see around here on this topic.

I orginally considered running sequential turbos, but after trying to engineer a way to actually shut one turbo down and seal both intake tract and exhaust tract, it just wouldn't pan out. Most sequential systems use a primary larger unit feeding a smaller unit, though some systems do opposite. There is alot of info about how to do it on turboforums.com but with the roller bearing billet wheel turbos out there, WHY?;) In theory it makes alot of sense, but practically a well designed single system is alot more simple. I can make alot more power on a single turbo, but it would look just like every other Turbo Regal out there. I like doing things different. Ever go to a car show and see all the 350 crate engines inside the engine compartment of just about EVERY kind of hot rod there is? Not my way of doing things.:p The more tubing........the better. And yes......the spark plugs are still easy to change.