SES

T Carter

Hi fellas,,, I have a issue with the SES light on my gn. This car came with a cyberdyne digital dash, i had noticed that the ses light never came on or flashed when turning the key on, of course i thought that the bulb was shot. I took the dash apart and there was no bulb in the plastic pod, nor was the pod locked into place in the dash socket. I put it back into place and placed bulb in the socket turned key to on position and presto, so i thought, the light never shuts off when the ignition is on. What wire feeds the SES light

hi, rick.. any ideas on what causes the SES light to stay lit? I am wondering if the installing of the cyberdyne digital dash caused this issue. I have a scanmaster and no mal codes .

The SES will stay on until the engine is running. At key-on, engine-off the SES should: turn on briefly, blink off, then turn on solid. Can repeat the test after at least 10 seconds of key-off.

The ECM provides a ground to turn on the SES light. If the quad-driver in the ECM is toast that can cause the SES to always be on.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I was wondering. If the bulb stays on, when I go to Install the new chip will the ses still flash off and on like the instructions speak of ?

I believe that all chips should cause the SES to blink off. Another test you can do is to remove the PROM and do a key-on, engine-off. If the ECM is running OK the SES will be rapidly flickering. This is the ECM doing a checksum of the chip contents which of course will fail.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I don't mean to sound stupid, is the prom another type of chip in the ecm?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Not any more. The new style high impedance injectors work with the prom. You just have one of the vendors burn a chip for your combo including injectors.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app