Shelby GT500 adjusted Dealer mark-up WOW!

BlueLimited87

Went to the Ford dealer to get my girlfriends focus oil changed. Questioned the slaesman about the 500. He said there getting 2 and one was already sold for.............$75,000 :eek: ! Holey crap!! Cars sticker is, I believe 42K. And on EBay there all north of 55k and more.

It's amazing how much these dealers want for the car. Wow 75k for a mustang. That guys pays that kinda money and probaly in a years time or next model year you could get it for sticker or close to it all day.

I read in todays paper that the mustangs should start hitting the stealerships in the next 60 days.
Sticker price of 42K and dealers asking 55K or more...
Now that i see your post, i didnt think MORE meant 75K!!! :eek:

Id love to have one for sticker price, too bad back to price and demand...
BW

The most that "I" would ever pay is sticker, period; for any new car and at that I would only do if I wanted it bad and it's not the money, it's principle. :cool:

I can't believe someone would pay over sticker for anything. Some people and there money...

Jason

Aren't they planning on building over 10,000 of these cars? It's not like it's going to be some super rare collectable. I think if I wanted a new Mustang I'd just forget about the Sheby Cobra and buy a Roush.

A dealership where I am currently working had one and they were asking 25K over sticker. I asked the guy why the f**k I would pay that much for a GT500 when I can get a Z06 for the same price. I imagine the price will come down just like the Z06 did. I have found Z06s for sticker now; 6 months ago forget about it.

hbsky said:
A dealership where I am currently working had one and they were asking 25K over sticker. I asked the guy why the f**k I would pay that much for a GT500 when I can get a Z06 for the same price. I imagine the price will come down just like the Z06 did. I have found Z06s for sticker now; 6 months ago forget about it.

Really? I forget, what is the sticker price on the new Z06?

BW

people have been paying over sticker forever for every type of car :rolleyes: who care's ??? :confused: thier $$$ to blow :eek: ummm look at late GN's, GNX's and TTA's when they were new ... all the dealers were looking to hit it big :eek: :p

The few Z06's I looked at were around 68-69K sticker. Paying over sticker is insane, enough of a mark up already.

Wait till next year !! They are going to build as many are ordered or sold at sticker Price. This year they are only making 1500 so yes people are dumb and cant wait lol
(this all comes from people that work for Ford also :D

Hammer231 said:
Aren't they planning on building over 10,000 of these cars? It's not like it's going to be some super rare collectable. I think if I wanted a new Mustang I'd just forget about the Sheby Cobra and buy a Roush.
8-9k a year...for the next three years.
By next year they'll be selling for less than MSRP.
Only an idiot would pay over MSRP now.
S.

I have a local Ford dealer with 2 Rousch Mustangs that I bet you could deal on. I know these are Mustangs but I bet you could deal on them.

Have any of you noticed how COMMON z06's are? Nice cars but sure see a lot of them.

sailbrd said:
Have any of you noticed how COMMON z06's are? Nice cars but sure see a lot of them.

One could say the same about the Shelby a couple of months from now even if the dealers are selling them at $75K.

To the average person a Mustang is the same as a GT, a 300 is a 300C, a GN is a Monte,yada yada...

I'll admit we have sold quite a few Z/06's in the few months that they've been out but I wouldn't say they are common per say. The reason that they appear common is that they are readily available and you can get financing, not to mention all of the good press they get. As one of my fleet customers like to say" the car de jour" for the dispossable income set. The Shelby will be the same way as soon as those dealers that are elible to sell them figure that out. Right now they are just $42K Mustangs.

I see at least 5 or 6 a week. I also have a neighbor I should get to know, he has a Z06 and a Caddy CTS-V setting in the driveway. In the garage is a GN or maybe a GNX that I never see out. I have only seen the garage door open once and got a glimpse of the black Buick. I think it may be a GNX because I saw one going in that direction last year and it is a dead end road, I remember it still showed a window sticker on it!

The markup is going to hurt even more when one of those mustangs meet up up with a modded GN,T at a red light.

suicide six said:
The markup is going to hurt even more when one of those mustangs meet up up with a modded GN,T at a red light.

sorry but most street driven Buicks now are turds :eek: Buicks are not that common around here anymore :p

If I was about to drop $70k on a sports car, it would definatly be the C6 Z06. In the MT comparo a Z51 Vette whooped on the GT500. Dosn't make too much sense to me.

ps. not a Ford guy though.

Nick