She's toast...

It doesn't sound too good. If the oil pressure is in the crapper I'd drop the pan and see what the extent of the damage is.

Neal

I hate having that experience. Happened way too many times! That's what made me get rid of the Vette and get the Buick! Once the Buick is ready to sell, she's gone and I think I'll go back to trucks, lol. Cheap and easy to work on.

:poop: Happens.......... 600HP out of a 250HP source.

EXACTLY what Jim Ruggles told me, nearly 30 yrs ago.

Deal w/ it.:D

Since you have an engine noise, I would try to isolate it to specific cylinder by removing one plug wire at a time to notice if the noise changes, or goes away.

Then the next place to go in my opinion is to remove the spark plugs, and check them, then do a compression test.

Sounds like a rod but I would look at the flywheel first. A badly cracked flywheel can sound like a spun rod bearing.

Sounds like your post title says it all,toast. Sorry, lots of work ahead, build your combo. Good luck,take your time and do it correctly.

I wouldn't run it anymore . The more you turn it on and off if it is a spun bearing the less likely u are going to be able to save that crank . Just my opinion