Shift Kit Questions

Bowtie Mafia

Hey Guys, I will be forward in telling you that I know little to nothing about transmissions, so your help is appreciated. I do know that my transmission is living on borrowed time. I am wondering if installing a shift kit will lengthen the life of my current transmission until I can save enough money to get a built transmission? Thanks.

If its slipping or flaring its not going to help. Otherwise yes it will help. Best bang for the buck is California performance transmissions shift kit.

If its slipping or flaring its not going to help. Otherwise yes it will help. Best bang for the buck is California performance transmissions shift kit.
Thanks, I haven't been having problems with it slipping or flaring yet. I'm trying to prevent that as long as possible.

If its a stock untouched trans typically itll die starting to flare the 2-3 shift or 2nd gear slip.

I have paper work showing it was rebuilt to stock specs, but it was done 10 years ago... A friend of mine is switching to a TH400 and will be selling me his Century Stage 5. So I just need mine to last until he gets his 400. I was curious if a shift kit would help buy me more time until he's ready to sell. With your help and some other research I've done on this forum it looks like it will help. Thank you.