shift light install question>>

O

ohiogn

Because of the type of ignition in the turbo buicks ('87 in this case), is there anything special I need to do in order to install a shift light? I have heard that the tach lead does not send enough signal and needs to be modified..... any information appreciated.

I had an Autometer stand alone shift lite in my GN, no mods required. Just hook it up like a tach, red is 12v +, black is ground, and green goes to the tach connector under the hood, behind the alternator. Good luck.

thanks for the info

Can you give me a better description of where to find the tach lead and color? I am looking at the wiring diagram on gnttype.org and dont see it! Thanks again

there are 2 open connectors behind the alternator that come out of the large wire loom that runs along the drivers side valve cover. one is to trigger the fuel pump and is black in color (give it 12V and the fuel pump relay switches on). the other is green and is the a tach lead, it is really pretty easy to find just go look at the car and you'll see it sitting there

There are two wires coming in to the green connector. They are the same color. Can I tap off of either or do I use both? Or do I have the wrong connector? Last question about this, I promise!!