Shifting problem

Pwt

image.jpg
image.jpg
I'm having issues with my trans not wanting to shift out of 1st until 3500 rpm if I let off the throttle it shifts regardless of the rpm.My other problem is at WOT it revs and dosent move unless I let off the throttle. I have a 3000 stall converter with a lt1 throttle body.Has anyone had similar problems with this set up? Here is a pic of the trans tv cable it looks rigged with some wire ties.Could this be the problem ?

Your TV cable definitely should either be replaced or adjusted. It controls the shifts and feel all the way to full throttle--full throttle up shifts are determined by governor and line pressure. I have had a TV cable that was worn and would not stay in adjustment and either shifted too early and less firm vs. late and very harsh. 1 or 2 clicks on the adjustment button on the throttle body makes a big difference. If the adjustments don't change the shift feel--either transmission is showing signs of slipping or pressure problem. Either way it time for a tear down and rebuild. Dp

You may have thrown the spring in the governor. No way to see about it other than dropping the pan and governor to see.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk