Shipping a Car from Canada to the U.S or vice versa?

kna4977

Anyone done this or know what all is involved with shipping a car from Canada to the U.S. or vice versa? Any special fees, taxes, etc? How much of a hassle is it? Also any recommendations on shipping companies that do this?

I've brought a few back to Can. and as long as you do the paper work pay the taxes there is no problem. When our dollar was good a lot of peolple were bringing cars back and some were trying to save a few bucks on taxes by saying they paid less then they really did. They got smart at the border and would check into them it, if you got caught lying it could get real expensive.

I found the best way was just tell the truth and make sure my forms were at the border 72 hours before I crossed like they want.

I've brought a few back to Can. and as long as you do the paper work pay the taxes there is no problem. When our dollar was good a lot of peolple were bringing cars back and some were trying to save a few bucks on taxes by saying they paid less then they really did. They got smart at the border and would check into them it, if you got caught lying it could get real expensive.

I found the best way was just tell the truth and make sure my forms were at the border 72 hours before I crossed like they want.

What's the deal with the taxes or where can I find more information about how much the taxes would be?

Ill have a look when I get home, I have some links on my home pc for importing. As for the taxes, here in Ab. we have to pay the GST only which is 5%. Usually it's the state tax and federal tax.