Short Block Rebuilding

tcgn

Hello all,
It has been awhile since I have been on the board. I will be rebuilding my engine again due to possible rod or main bearing gave out. Thought it would be my last rebuilt(2001) Never been to the track, before this happen on a few hard accelerations and saw alot of black smoke from the tailpipe from the rear view mirror. I heard a loud knocking noise, gets louder as rpm goes up. Sounded like it is ready to go through the oil pan. As I accelerate to move something gave and the engine seized. Engine will not turn over. I need reliable parts recommendation for my rebuilt supporting up to 500 HP max.
Hydraulic roller cam & roller lifters (that do not require adjustments), timing chain set, valve springs, head gaskets that do not requires retorque), pistons, rings, main & rod bearings, stock crank or steel crank from TR custom,
connecting rods and which engine block that is problem free (cam lobes?)part
numbers needed if possible.
Thanks in advance
My setup now: TE51, 42# inj., CAS FMIC, 70mm TB, 194/204 Speedpro cam,
TRW L2481 .030 pistons, steel main center caps, 2800 stall Vigilante

Before u start buying tons of parts. Take the current motor apart and find out why it let go, so that it don't happen again.

Thanks for the reply.
I would probably start the teardown next year some time. I'll keep posted.

crank broke in half

I finally pulled out the motor and found the crank broke in half between #3 &#5 cyl. My engine rebuilder told me that there no damages to the rods and pistons. So now I'm looking for a steel crank and steel rods. When people say get a forged crank & rods, are they referring to steel crank and rods? Which parts supplier has the strong, durable crank & rods? Can the steel crank and rods be balanced using the original balancer & flexplate? Are the steel rods press fit type? My TRW pistons are press fit onto the rods.:confused:

rebuild-cracked crankshaft

I've tore down and rebuilt a few of these now more than I wanted to. I noticed the steel forged cranks are the way to go. The stock cranks flex and the bearing clearances keep moving around when run hard. I would go with a vendor who sells maybe a kit 3.4 stroke external balance if you wish to keep cost down. Just sell your TRW's.

steel crank

Thanks for the reply. I will get the steel crank, rods and pistons.