Shotguns what is a straw purchase help!!!!!

82grandBeast

about two weeks ago i wonted to buy a shotgun over under for my buddy as a gift it was going to be in his name and i was going to pay for it with my credit card they said that this was a straw purchase and couldent be done so it had to be in my name so i started the paper work and turns out that i cant buy it because i dont have a utility bill for 90 days since i'am a permanet resident from europe.:confused:

okay no proplem so i just give him cash and we go there again, and again they say no since i got "declined" last time (same dealer as last time) and it was the same shotgun they said it was a straw purchase and they dident let him buy it. After he had filled out the papper work. so what i was wondering could i get in trouple over this even though its a gift the dealer just looked at it as a straw purchase :confused:

Yes i know why dont i have my citizenship im just to lazy to go take the test what can i say :D

about two weeks ago i wonted to buy a shotgun over under for my buddy as a gift it was going to be in his name and i was going to pay for it with my credit card they said that this was a straw purchase and couldent be done so it had to be in my name so i started the paper work and turns out that i cant buy it because i dont have a utility bill for 90 days since i'am a permanet resident from europe.:confused:

okay no proplem so i just give him cash and we go there again, and again they say no since i got "declined" last time (same dealer as last time) and it was the same shotgun they said it was a straw purchase and they dident let him buy it. After he had filled out the papper work. so what i was wondering could i get in trouple over this even though its a gift the dealer just looked at it as a straw purchase :confused:

Yes i know why dont i have my citizenship im just to lazy to go take the test what can i say :D

Go take the test...stop being lazy...and get/earn your citizenship..Unless your being lazy is enough reason for you to have go through similar situations like this a few times....

You have the ability to get a United States Citizenship and the only reason you haven't is because you are lazy??

IMO Not a real good reason...:rolleyes:

A "straw purchase" is illegal in most retail sales where something that is licensed or tracked is involved...

It is simply buying something in one person's name knowing it is for another party.

It is very ugly in the automobile financing line... People come in and buy a car on credit give it to a family member or a friend and when the payment comes due they say "call xxxx" he has the car I bought for them...:mad:

You bought it you are responsible for it...

Most gun stores I have been to have big signs all over the place telling you that is a criminal offense punishable by JAIL TIME!

yea i know ima start the paper work monday hopefully ill pass that test its been awhile since i had us history class