should I jump on this Cobra?

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
the opportunity has come to purchase a mineral grey 2003 Cobra coupe with the useless spoiler for $26,950. The car has 4000 miles and was a trade on a 2004 mineral grey Cobra 'vert. Does this sound like a good buy or should I say goodbye?

I was told by the seller that it books at 30K. It seems like a lot of car for the money.

Weren't new ones selling for that? I think (???) that car should be selling in the low 20's.

Have you driven one? Remember, that car's underpinnings date to the 1970's...

Sounds like a decent deal considering the mileage--great color too.I have watched the prices on these cars.An 03 can certainly be had for less---but it depends on condition,tires,mods,and mileage.Cool car anyway!!!!!!!!!!

Geoff

With that low of miles I'd say it's not bad.

Msrp on that car was around $33,500.

Yes, but we're talking about a 2 year old, used car here.

You can bet if the dealer is trying to sell it for $27K, it's worth $23K.

So far as I know, guys have gotten leftover new 04's for high $20s, and new 03s for much less.

Didn't Tim Stockwell just make a killer deal on a new 03 - I thought I read about it on one of the boards?

Good luck!!!

Sam,

Anderson got it in yesterday. They have that one and a pair of 04 red verts, and a bunch of lightnings.

Originally posted by Tom Tom Turbo
the opportunity has come to purchase a mineral grey 2003 Cobra coupe with the useless spoiler for $26,950. The car has 4000 miles and was a trade on a 2004 mineral grey Cobra 'vert. Does this sound like a good buy or should I say goodbye?

I was told by the seller that it books at 30K. It seems like a lot of car for the money.
I think you can do a little better.
I think ~$25k for that car is a good price. That is low miles, and SVT's hold good value.
Chrome wheels or machined?
S.

chrome wheels, pretty much all the goodies... I'm sure we could talk them down, as the two red ones have been on the lot for almost 3 months. I wasn't really sure what they were going for, so I thought I would ask.

Strikeeagle: I haven't driven one, they told me that because I was under 25 I needed to put down some $$$ to test drive. :rolleyes:

Dealers near me sold new 04s this year for $28K. I think $25K would be a decent deal. I have not seen a used Cobra for less than $23K. And they had a lot more than 4,000 miles on them. Try not to pay more than $25K

Chrome wheels are really the only option, and were another ~$500 onto MSRP.
$25k is where I think you get a good deal.
S.

Cobra's rock!

I'm sure that if you test drive the car (and if it has no problems) that you will LOVE it!

Terminator Cobras are some of the baddest of the bad on the street. Chip, pulley, exhaust and a good driver will get you 11's consistently. And they pull like no tomorrow with all that bottom end torque.

I've driven both the '03 and the '04 model and will DEFINITELY own one someday.

Good luck. $25k is a good price for a good, solid '03 Cobra in my view.

Make them a fair, but low end offer. It is winter and that might make the Mustang traffic a little slow. If they "stole" it on the trade in, they might be willing to sit on it until the weather warms up some.

I would say if you readly want one wait and look around. I have just picked one up. Its a 2003 with all of the goods, chip, pully, k&n, exusht for 23.9k at a dealer. I have been wanting one for about a little time now and I waited and found this one and jumped on it. I went to a deal and they had one with about a little over 2k miles for 29k. I was like I will begin you the cash in a few hours. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I test drove this one and man did it kick. I was very happy with it and even with the exusht it is quick at idle and loud when you put your foot into it:D :D

I gave 23 for mine, in perfect condition inside and out, a few more miles, with flowmasters, nittos, and k&n. Pullies will void your warranty, so I'm waiting on that. Great cars and the chicks dig them big time.:D

I don't know if you are still in the market.

I am a dealer, and I should be getting in a 2003 White Cobra soon. The car is WORKED, and from what the owner tells me it has run a best of 11.3 in the 1/4.

Car has exhaust, pulley, chip, plenum...all the goodies.

It is white with a dark interior....Only 9,000 miles....

I need to get $26K for it.

Drop me an E-mail if your interested.

That is a pretty fair deal. Closer to $25k would be better. The car has very low-mileage and Mineral Grey was a discontinued color. The used prices for these cars are starting to line out with the end of production. There's not much difference in pricing between '03/'04, just as with the '86/'87 Turbo Regals. Low-mileage cars are typically going for $25k+, while higher mileage examples are going $22k+. There are exceptions to these averages, as with any vehicle. Depending on the next Cobra, these car may eventually gain Turbo Regal cult-status and value. Vehicles are never investments, but I think you'd be making a wise financial decision picking the car up for $25-26k.

Originally posted by strikeeagle
Weren't new ones selling for that? I think (???) that car should be selling in the low 20's.

Have you driven one? Remember, that car's underpinnings date to the 1970's...

That car is worth more than low-20s, and what does a dated chassis have to do with it being a great performance car for the money? The outdated chassis actually handles quite well.