should i remove my front sway bar?

elcamino383

should i remove my front sway bar when i go to the track? how big of a difference does it make? im pulling 1.8 60's now on 275 bfg DRs 12.7 @ 105 1/4

It should help the suspension react faster and bring your 60' times to a 1.77-1.76,I dont use the front sway at all.

It should help the suspension react faster and bring your 60' times to a 1.77-1.76,I dont use the front sway at all.

hmmm... thats not a whole lot of improvment, maybe for racing but for street should i just forget playing with it? im getting a transbrake [break] lower control arm relocation brackets and a wolfe copy anti roll bar... how much do you think these will help?

ps im foot brake launching at about 1800 now, thats about all i can get out of my baer discs... i have 3500 stall...

If its mainly a street car I wouldn't bother. Although a hundreth in the sixty could mean tenths in the quarter. It all depends on how bad you want to get a quicker et. A transbrake with a 10+lb launch will also help.

with the wolf bar you will not need the front swaybar,and you'll never know the differance with your combo.

its a 383 small block, no turbo. :-P but what do you guys think about my time slip? dosent the MPH seam low? what does this mean? any tricks to improve MPH? i know my et should benifit from these new toys, [brake, wolfe bar...] but what about MPH?

Sorry it was late when I posted and wasn' t paying attention to your signature. If you can try flashing the converter instead of building rpm, until you get the brake. May help your 60'.

Launch Without building rpm. Just mat it on green and depending on converter should bring it to stall speed and hopefully shock suspension for better 60'. May or may not work depending on your setup.

oh ok, would that be any different that building some rpm than matting it? for the 1.83 60' i would braketorque to about 16-1700 than mat it on green.. thanks for the tips