Should I?

turbosam6

My cars suck
I've been thinking about removing the A/C, power steering, and maybe the heat from my car. Its just such a pita to work around. I have 49,000 original miles, and the car is very clean. But it sure seems like I'm seeing a lot of very clean "race cars" at the nats, and other events. Its strictly a nice weather toy, but its fun to brag about the options when you beat a stripped out race car. Maybe I should just buy a t type to strip, just really don't want another car right now. The cars needs a roll bar too, and I've been reluctant to do it. I think the cars far enough along now that I could have a hard time getting it back to stock. Decisions, decisions.

Originally posted by turbosam6
I've been thinking about removing the A/C, power steering, and maybe the heat from my car. Its just such a pita to work around. I have 49,000 original miles, and the car is very clean. But it sure seems like I'm seeing a lot of very clean "race cars" at the nats, and other events. Its strictly a nice weather toy, but its fun to brag about the options when you beat a stripped out race car. Maybe I should just buy a t type to strip, just really don't want another car right now. The cars needs a roll bar too, and I've been reluctant to do it. I think the cars far enough along now that I could have a hard time getting it back to stock. Decisions, decisions.
Did you get that 10sec et yet,,if not good luck this summer

Sam Sam Sam....your car has always been too far along to go back to stock!!! I was pondering the fact of you not having a roll bar the other day actually, and yeah you need one. If I were you, I'd lose the HVAC stuff, but keep the power steering. Rick and I are bringing soooo much stuff with is it will be hard for them to blow us off. He's bringing all of his die casts, I have tons of buick hats and stuff. We'll look like vendors. My dad is coming out too, he'd like to see your car! Well, good luck with everything!

Hi Dennis- no 10's yet, just got it tuned halfway a couple weeks ago. Hope to get to the track soon.

Tom- I'll be there, save me a spot. Let me know if I need to bring anything. It might get a 6 point bar next winter. My uncle is the head welder/ fabricator for Chip Ganassi racing (The target indy cars team), and can do awesome rollbars and chassis work. He'll be doing my frame work this summer, so I can run some huge x large slicks. The price is right, I'll probably just get Cottons roll bar kit.

I haven't heard of anyone putting a car back to stock. I guess theres not much reason to, if you think about it.

I dunno, where I live the a/c will be the last to go........doesn't save much weight, but makes it a lot easier to work on things

seems to me, the a/c retains a certain streetable element vs full on race?

BTW, my car has 55K on it and the roll bar went in at 39K because I wanted to go fast:D

I sure as heck am going to on my street car. Cut R&R on the motor time IN HALF. I never use that stuff anyway. I'm going to try the S-10 box.