Silverado coilpack

Coilpack

Attachments

• 1420003980792.jpg
    1420003980792.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 487
Oh, thanks for the part #. I bet the Vette guys scratch their heads when you pop your hood.

Huh??? how you just gonna post that and everyone speeds by it like hey nice vette i mean the vettes cool but what it this game changer Ecm/Logger/Ls1 truck coil thingie? Im just now figuring out the whole powerlogger that i have , tr6 that i plan on buying etc now what is this :eek: ..... It uses factory easy to obtain coilpacks what else does it do? Will it allow the use of low impedence injectors, can it be tuned for e85 and it also said its good to 30psi what if you need a lil more? It seem its for all the old gm tbi/mulitport computers not just ours.... Someone please explain.....In non rocket scientist english :watching:

Last edited:
It is an interface that lets the stock Ignition module run the late model coil pack or LS coils.

Huh??? how you just gonna post that and everyone speeds by it like hey nice vette i mean the vettes cool but what it this game changer Ecm/Logger/Ls1 truck coil thingie? Im just now figuring out the whole powerlogger that i have , tr6 that i plan on buying etc now what is this :eek: ..... It uses factory easy to obtain coilpacks what else does it do? Will it allow the use of low impedence injectors, can it be tuned for e85 and it also said its good to 30psi what if you need a lil more? It seem its for all the old gm tbi/mulitport computers not just ours.... Someone please explain.....In non rocket scientist english :watching:

I think I replied to an email of yours this morning. To fill in on the ECM sides of things, we offer three different EBL Flash type systems. The one for our TB's is the EBL SFI-6 Flash system. It is a newer ECM that has our EBL Flash board installed. Having a GN we designed the ECM firmware specifically for boosted 6's.

Being Flash, no chip swapping. The new tune (BIN) is Flashed into the ECM via the What's Up Display (WUD), which is a Windows program that is included with the system. Can see screen shots here:

http://www.dynamicefi.com/EBL_SFI6_ScreenShots.php

and here:

http://www.dynamicefi.com/EBL_ScreenShots.php

To use the EBL SFI-6 need to add a MAP sensor (won't use a MAF), and re-pin the 2 ECM harness connectors into 3 connectors. No need for a powerlogger as high speed data logging is included with the system. Along with a host of other features, all integrated.

For low impedance injectors need an external box. E85 is no problem. At this time a 3-bar GM MAP sensor is the highest that can be used. Which popular MAP sensor are folks using to higher?

RemoveBeforeFlight

Need more info!!!

This CnP Interface was originally intended for use with CnP coils (coil-near-plug), such as the LS1, LS2, and rectangular truck coils. I've been running this set up with the truck coils since early Spring of 2014. Chris was the next to run it, can see it here in 34blazer's EBL SFI-6 thread:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/ebl-sfi-6-install-tuning-thread.410326/page-5

He used the same rectangular truck coils with a type-1 ICM. The interface board mounts to the top of the ICM, with the cover as shown over it.

Juan showed us that the 'Silverado' coil pack can also be used (in place of CnP coils). Note that this coil pack (D599A) is also used on other GM cars & trucks (among Impala's, Malibu's, Saturn's, GMC's, Pontiac's and Buick's).

As the stock ICM is used the CnP interface can be used with any ECM that can use the stock ICM. Before jumping up & down about the stock ICM, since it isn't driving the coils there is very little heat build up. No heat means a much longer lasting and reliable ICM. And, the CnP Interface board uses all automotive temperature range parts: -40* C to +125* C (except the LEDs, which are only used as a visual), and is conformal coated.

It can be used with either type-1 or type-2 ICM's, regular start or quick-start (q-start is :cool:).

The interface itself is bare-bones, it has three LEDs to show that the ICM is firing. No DIP switches or rotary dials to set. This allows for an inexpensive and reliable system. At this time it is somewhat DIY, the user needs to mount the coils and wire them. For the CnP Interface side, everything there is available from us:

CnP Interface board
External wiring pigtail
Lower mount
Standoffs & hardware
Covers for Type-1 ICM are also available (Type-2 cover is in the works)

Here is the type-1 install onto the ICM:

http://www.dynamicefi.com/CnP_Type-1-Install.php

The plan is to see what folks want and what we can provide. There is a possibility a plug-n-play system can be offered that uses the D599A coil pack. Just need to see about mounting it over the ICM. As time goes on we may be able to offer wiring harnesses and such for the CnP set ups. Not sure about CnP coil mounting, as every set of valve covers are different.

The end goal is to provide an inexpensive and reliable ignition system for our TB's.

RemoveBeforeFlight

This is quite interesting. Since I already have a TR6 and it works great, I am interested in trying this set-up on my T. So do you provide a schematic on wiring the interface to the Coil(S)? I would just use the truck coil.