Simple waste gate question..... New and learning

what happens if the car is driven with the waste gate solenoid unplugged? Everything else factory is hooked up, lines, "T" , no other boost controller. Does have a adjustable rod on the waste gate. The motor I'm looking to install was I think used this way. I have a video of it running and don't see it hooked up, and there is no plug in the Casper harness for it. I'm planning on putting on a RJC controller, but wondering what may have already happened. Thanks!

I think it defaults to the spring pressure of the actuator. I don't know what stock is but an HD actuator is 18 I believe.
Essentially the solenoid bleeds off air until you reach whatever the target pressure is. Then it closes/pulses so the waste gate opens and maintains the correct pressure. That's my understanding anyway.

You might throw a code, but I think Eric's chips from TurboTweak disable that. I could be wrong. A lot of us just leave them plugged in electrically, but don't route any plumbing to them. Mine is still hooked up and sitting on the valve cover, but has no tubing running to it, if that helps.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Is the line that goes to the solenoid open, or blocked off?
If open, it's a boost leak. If plugged, and the remaining ends are connected to the compressor & the actuator, then the boost is being controlled w/ whatever the actuator is: Either about 18#, or about 13/14#.

Is the line that goes to the solenoid open, or blocked off?
If open, it's a boost leak. If plugged, and the remaining ends are connected to the compressor & the actuator, then the boost is being controlled w/ whatever the actuator is: Either about 18#, or about 13/14#.
On mine, the solenoid is just sitting there. I just skipped it when routing the tubes. No boost leak.

If the "Y" fitting does not have the side that went to the solenoid blocked off, it'll leak boost. The sol was there to control that "leak".

cd9aedd4d22906130132102475bc45c2.jpg

I UNDERSTAND the solenoid being there. It's not in the equation...Take a pic of the gray "Y" fitting, IF it's there.
IF IT IS, and 1 side is open, it's a boost leak. IF IT'S NOT THERE, then there should be a hose directly from the turbo compressor, to the w/g actuator...

Oh, I got rid of that like 10 years ago, basically when I first bought the car. I've been running tuner style for years with a manual boost controller. Sorry. I forgot about that y fitting because it's been so long.

Oh, I got rid of that like 10 years ago, basically when I first bought the car. I've been running tuner style for years with a manual boost controller. Sorry. I forgot about that y fitting because it's been so long.

:D