SIR Test n Tune

SIR

friend of mine went up to look at the track and said they have cleaned up the pits no more rocks and its smooth with some grass, they will re surface the pits soon and they have real restrooms instead of sani cans.they are waiting for the new concrete they poured to set before they open on the 17 of march and every raceday will require mufflers for all cars

geno if you can get all your ladies to vouch for you and prove your a stud i am sure they will let you run :)

Thanks for the update, RTViper

I think running 9's gives Geno the "stud" status

Frank,
You dial in the combo yet ?

Frank, You dial in the combo yet ?

Somewhat. Car pulls real nice with the new setup, thanks RTVIPER. Items that i'm still waiting to get in the mail are the 2.5" Hooker catback, SMC alky and ATR 3" SS downpipe. They should be here by the end of the week or early next week.

I will still show up on Sunday if those items arn't here and if the weather allows. The forcast shows snow for the end of the week. Crap! I'm hoping the first opening there will be a big showing of Turbo Regal support.

Take care all,
Frank

Im glad to see some local people into Buicks.I was starting to think me,Mike Price and Dennis Hogan were the only ones around here. Did you guys see they did a write up on my friends Buick (Mike Price)on
http://www.precisionte.com/
under Buick performance? I think its in the air why us NW guys run fast LOL Mike went 10.92 on a stock motor that has only had the valve covers off to replace the springs..All the rest of the stuff is bolt on:)

Geno,

Sweet article! I'll tell you Geno I won't mind being referred to as your shadow or a step behind you If you get me in the 10's.

That's a compliment to you.;)

Of course something came up, so now I can't make it to Pacific Raceways this Sunday. Hopefully the track will be ready for you guys and maybe nicer weather will move in. Otherwise, let's hit the next good weather test 'n tune day.

Anyone know the test 'n tune scheduled days & times ?

Sunday the 17 is a TnT day. We are going out tonight to scrape the track so it will be ready if it is dry.

TurboSUV

Here's a question for you TurboSUV...

When scraping the track will that have any effect on traction? Meaning will the "box" be so fresh that the buildup of rubber will be gone?

thanks in advance
Frank

You would be correct Frank, but to a real street tire guy like me I hook way better on the fresh surface. Now the benifit to the rest of you is a new fresh surface that wont ball and chunk up on ya, and after a month or so of racing will be as good as it gets around here. did you know that the road race cars will NOT be using the drag strip from here on, they will be using the return road(freshly paved) for the straight a way. Good news for all drag racers.

TurboSUV
11.67 @117.3 1.78 60'

I hear ya! I only have one setup and that's STREET MODE with a good street tire. When I raced 5.0L at SIR I got tired of having to tune for the strip change tires ect. I'm not going to do that with the GN. BFG's for me please:D
With a dash of alky. Damn Buicks on the sauce. What can ya do?

Cool beans. Thanks for the reply.

Frank

The mod list is starting to get long. My Hooker 2.5" came in the mail today. They came with a Super Comp. Hooker muffler. Anyone care to comment on these?

Also, ever since I installed a tranny cooler my shifts seem a liitle sluggish from 3-4. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks guys. Sunday, Sunday, Sunday...

Frank,

For the tranny shift problem, have you tried adjusting the TV cable? Just move it towards the firewall one notch or two and see how it drives. You can find more info on this subject in the file I sent ya.

On my GN, under normal acceleration (not WOT), I have to lift the accelerator pedal slightly to make it upshift from 3rd to 4th. I've heard a others having the same problem as mine.

Hope you guys have a great first day at the track this Sunday. I look forward to hooking-up at the next one.

What kind of 60ft you get in the snow:D Did they let you chain up?
Dam Seattle weather:(

Iwent down there around 11am and it was beautiful out. PR posted a "Rain Out" sign??? Where's the rain? Next TNT will be the 23rd.

Also, I dyno'd my GN on Sat. and I have questions about the correctly dynoing a GN what's the process. First off here are my mods.

TA49
RedStripes
8 pos Max Effort, set on 5 24* of timming 12.1:1 A/F
WalBro 307, Hotwired
Hooker 2.5" cat back with the Aero Chamber Muffs.
FPR
Hard MAF
9" K&N
test pipe.

First off should the TC be locked? Does it help? I made my pulls without locking up the TC.
I had about 22# of boost and 101 octane for all pulls.
First pull. I put the car in drive and cruised until I hit second then punched it. The car bucked around on the dyno from the sudden hit of torque, so the guy running the dyno told me to go in third then punch it until it hits 4th.

2nd pull: In doing this I was way past the 2200RPM which is where I thought most of my torque would be. I did this for my 3rd and 4th pull as well.

When I was in second I netted 330hp/457tq at the wheels.
When I pulled from 3rd I netted 303hp/403tq at the wheels.

So, which is accurate? What #'s should I be seeing with my combo. Thanks for the input.

Frank