SKipping CD player

RATROASTER

Davey
I jump over from the V8 board everyonce in a while to see what you turbo guys are using for audio. I've got an ancient alpine head unit that I've had in my Regal for about five years. Its into skipping now-a-days and I'm thinking my eye dirty. Is there an easy way to clean it?

Good to see you visiting over here!:cool:

They do make those little cleaning kits for cd players that you can just about pick up anywhere:rolleyes: :rolleyes: --don't think they are very effective---maybe others have had better luck:rolleyes:

Not trying to be funny--but--maybe you look for another unit on ebay or something like that.I picked up a 6 month old alpine cd w/ remote and detach. face for $110 for my truck---and it has been flawless for 1 1/2 years now.The unit sold in stores for new for $280.Anyway--just an idea

Geoff

Good idea!!

Geoff,

I've been thinking about replacing the head unit. Alpine is my favorite. Although, I just bought a nice set of panasonic 4-way speakers. I also had the Concert Sound II door panels so I added a set of 2-way Sony's that my roomate had given me and the sound is so nice........maybe I'll add subwoofer. It is nice to have a modern stereo system!! I bought my this G-body in December. I sold off my 67' Special and bought my first Regal.

I originally bought the Regal to 455, but I've been sidetracked with my SKylark so I haven't done any work on it except the stereo system. Maybe if I run by a turbo for the right price.....I'll go the other way.

BUT, I still think the best music is a 455, a set of headers, and three chamber flowmasters!!
:cool: