Slight transmission slippage: seeking advice

turbota633

Late last year I noticed that the transmission in my TTA possibly began slipping between 1-2. A friend of mine recommended that I take it in somewhere get a pressure flush. I am looking for advice, is this a good idea, or should I just do the spring cleaning filter/fluid change? Before I worry if the transmission may be taking a turn for the worse, what should I consider inspecting first? the car has about 64k miles.

Thanks for any advice, I'm not afraid to dig in and try to figure something out in the engine, but the transmission is another story, I always worry that if I mess with the transmission, I'm going to really mess something up because I know so little about them.

Joe

The band is most likey burnt,time for overhual. Get a better servo,shift kit depending on your goal. You maybe able to prolong it,but with any boost it will only get worse. It could also ruin the drum the band grabs if it slips and get too hot.

Exactly !!!!!

The band is most likey burnt,time for overhual. Get a better servo,shift kit depending on your goal. You maybe able to prolong it,but with any boost it will only get worse. It could also ruin the drum the band grabs if it slips and get too hot.

I might also suggest a better (stronger) pressure reg. spring along with bigger boost valves. Might get you by for some time.

I added a sonnax super servo and got another couple of years out of my tranny.
Check the 1-2 accumulator spring when you drop the pan mine was broke and that will cause the slide into second under load.