Slow spooling????

blown sn-95

Is it normal for a GN w/ stock turbo 15 psi, 3000 stall, 009's, 93 oct. thrasher chip and 295-50-15 on the rear not to blow the tires off the car from a dead stop. not power braking just floor it from a dead stop the car gose but i'm not sure if it's making the power it should????

It should, when you power brake it(and e-brake it to help hold boost) be able to reach about 3000rpms...the turbo should be fully spooled...well, that's assuming you can hold all that boost. When you step on it, does it break lose at all? if not, how long before the turbo starts making boost? My TA 49, which should spool almost as fast a stock only has like 5 lbs of boost at 3000rpms right now because I have a passenger header and header to turbo leak. Also, that big of tires will certianly hold better than my 235s or 255s, which I see alot of guys running. Did you buy it with the 3000 stall, or did you have it/put it in?

Originally posted by NEARING
Stock turbo with a converter should spool up VERY fast!

The one I had did:D

I second that! ;)

From a dead stop at idle, these cars are not like dropping the clutch in manual car, no matter what combo. Usually there will be a little delay in buildup from a dead stop. With your convertor I would think you would break the tires loose once it builds up, but maybe not with your large tires. Driving down the road at 10mph or so, the spoolup should be instant and lite up the tires quickly.

With these cars you need to keep revs up a little or have the car powerbraked a little to lite the tires up instantly. The turbo still needs a chance to spool.

one of the GN owners I know has a T51 w/ 3500stall and 255s and can just floor it and lite em up...but that's alot of converter.