Small Rear Springs Available?

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Trying to fit 3" dual tailpipes and HR rear bar and am running out of room. It doesn't help that the exhaust on my car is offset somewhat an inch or so. Anyway, looking at the available space I keep noticing that the rear springs take up a LOT or room. Does anyone make a more compact rear spring?
Hot Air

I am using rear 79 Mustang springs on mine! Believe you can use F-Body ones as well. Cheap and easy to cut to height you want unlike the stockers.

I just installed some from an 87 f body with the isolators,they are more compact and fit good.

One other option is to look at speedwaymotors.com or smileysracing.com. This is for the dirt track guys and they have springs in different sizes for the G bodies. Legnth and OD for the springs are listed as well as compression weight so you can get pretty much what you want. If you get AFFCO or one of the others they have a life time warranty so if it looses 10% of it's stregnth you can get it replaces free of charge.

Springs

I installed qa1 coilover's in the stock location. You can pick the height and rate. I have 275/60's and wanted them tucked way in, I went with 12" tall 110lb. The car is very low with the 12""

Skew,
I had not considered that option! Do you have any photos of the install that you could e-mail to me? How much did the rear coil-overs cost you?
Conrad
alphaenvirmgt@vnet.net