SMC alchy bottle location w/ a V-4

B

Black Ice

I have already purchased the SMC alchy kit and have got a V-4 ordered (due in by the end of next week), but I was wanting to go ahead and install the SMC kit now,but was wondering if I can install it according to Steve's instructions and still fit the V-4 in with no clearance problems?

Thanks, Black Ice

fits fine

I have the clamp studs from the alky bottle mounts drilled into the center of the rolled corner of the fan shrowd. I used some fairly large, about 1 inch, washers which I bent to fit the corner on the back side of the shrowd so as not to stress the shrowd too much since the washers that come with it are pretty small. My alky tank is about 1.75" from the IC neck and tank. The tank is almost touching the lower rad hose and is about 1/4" from touching the lowest ac line.
Mark
87GN

I have the V4 and SMC kit. I just installed the V4 this weekend and had the SMC kit for about 8 months. I didn't have to change anything, but the bottle does touch the V4. If you do as Boost suggested you may be a little better off. Let me tell you, that V4 is a heavy SOB. I figured it would be somewhat light, WRONG. The shipping weight of the package was 38 lbs !!!