SMC alky kit

spoolinV6

I just took a look at some of the FAQ's for the SMC kit and the site recommends a 50/50 mixture of distilled water and alcohol....does this sound right??

If anyone has SMC's newest alky kit for their turbo buick i would like some feedback, pros & cons, etc.

thanks

I just took a look at some of the FAQ's for the SMC kit and the site recommends a 50/50 mixture of distilled water and alcohol....does this sound right??

If anyone has SMC's newest alky kit for their turbo buick i would like some feedback, pros & cons, etc.

thanks

I have run the 50 50 mix, I have also run straight methanol, and I have run straight denatured and the only problem I have had is my car kicks a lot of other people's cars asses :D

It is the newest SMC kit, and I love that thing.

also for you guys with the SMC kit, did you have to buy a 3 bar map sensor on the side for the higher boost levels??

also for you guys with the SMC kit, did you have to buy a 3 bar map sensor on the side for the higher boost levels??

The SMC kit has a built in MAP sensor. You need to contact Steve at SMC for clarification as to its scaling and range.

I have it and love it. Julio is right, the smc doesnt require a 3 bar map sensor.

glad to hear that.......i am very interested and know for certain that razor's kit and the SMC kit will work flawlessly although im slightly leaning towards the SMC kit ;)

does anyone have pictures of the new SMC kit installed in their car??

I was one of the original testers for the SMC dual nozzle kit WAY back in the day. I always found the best results at the drag strip and on the dyno with denatured alcohol from home depot. 95% ethanol and 5% methanol.

I was one of the original testers for the SMC dual nozzle kit WAY back in the day. I always found the best results at the drag strip and on the dyno with denatured alcohol from home depot. 95% ethanol and 5% methanol.

any proof? did you run any pure meth tests. i cant see denatured running better that pure meth

I have the new SMC on mine. I would take pics but my engine bay is horrendously dirty and there is no way I would show it on the internet. It is easy to install and it looks good IMO (the SMC kit). You can adjust the pressure at which it turns on by a small knob on the controller and there is another knob that you can adjust when you want the full alky hit to come on, it's really easy.

i have the dual nozzle SMC kit on the daily driver GN.. works great i beat on it daily just to make sure its working.. LOL

good enough for 11.20's

gnttype1.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 505
Are you guys with the SMC kit tuning with the 50% water mix ? Where do you route the wires into the car for the controller ?