SMC Install

OTHRWMN

Detroit Lions Fan!!!
I finished the install in december but I've to busy to post anything.It went really well.I put the control in the center console
in place of the ash tray.I also made the "power injection"light come on with the system.The "low fuel" light also comes on when alchy gets low.So far it has been a dream to tune.I am looking forward to this spring to see the real world results.
Within the next 2 weeks I will be installing a SMC kit on Twins hot air car.I am looking forward to it all over again.

The SMC kit has 4 wires going into the control box.To light up the "power injection" light put a bulb in that vacant spot.Soder 2 wires to the bulb one on center and the other on the side.The side connection needs to be grounded. The center connection goes to the terminal the red wire goes to at the control box.
For the "low fuel" you do the same the with the bulb only the center connection goes to 12 volts & the side connection goes to the terminal that the white wire goes to at the contorl box.
It's not as hard as I have probably made it sound if you have any questions just post them. Good luck!

SWEET!

I've seen this install and have to say it's killer.

When you look in this car you would expect a 14 sec stocker...not an alky sprayed soon to be 12 sec ride.

As with all of OTHRWMN's installs very professional and quality work throughout.

Yes: I am brown nosing for my kit install. ;)

Really........ very cool install, if you want I can run my camera up for some pics and we can post them.

Later,

CHRISTIAN

Thanks Chris! Your install will still cost you.I am starting the body work on my car next week so I guess your install will have to be this spring because I still have'nt seen your kit. Ha ha!!!!

Hey OTHRWMN, I'd like to see more pics of your car. cool ride!

Thanks for the praise. I just took a bunch of photos of the alky install. I will post them as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks again!

Originally posted by OTHRWMN
The SMC kit has 4 wires going into the control box.To light up the "power injection" light put a bulb in that vacant spot.Soder 2 wires to the bulb one on center and the other on the side.The side connection needs to be grounded. The center connection goes to the terminal the red wire goes to at the control box.
For the "low fuel" you do the same the with the bulb only the center connection goes to 12 volts & the side connection goes to the terminal that the white wire goes to at the contorl box.
It's not as hard as I have probably made it sound if you have any questions just post them. Good luck!

I have a ? on this, I did mine the same as you did, so I think I did,
But here we go, My power injection works, But on my low fuel, I used a good body ground and the 12v one to the white wire and my low fuel lights up on the control box?? And my low fuel in the dash does not, That one works because I did a test on it, and wene I unhook it the light goes off on the control box,
Please help!!!!
Thank You very much for any help,,
Seneca lafler,

You need to run 12 volts to the center of the bulb and use the white wire for the ground on the bulb. this will light up the low fuel light when the alchy is low.

OTHRWMN
I also have a 85 hot air that I want to install this system on and am just getting familiar with this process. I am wondering where you would locate the bottle at. I have read that someone tried to put it next to the vacumm canister but would not fit. I am also running a 5" duct for the ram air through that area. Like I said I am new and looking for some pointers. Thanks for any info.

ONE OTHER QUESTION....HOW MUCH ALKY DO YOU SUPPOSE ONE USES SAY TO A TANK OF GAS NOT INTO THE TURBO ALL THE TIME?

Originally posted by OTHRWMN
You need to run 12 volts to the center of the bulb and use the white wire for the ground on the bulb. this will light up the low fuel light when the alchy is low.

So can I just take the 12v and run it into the fuse block and run the wire will be the ground right ???
Thank You very much for the info,
Seneca Lafler,