SMC nozzle install question

spins4

I recievied my SMC kit from Chuck, he was a pleasure to deal with!

I am installing it on a non-GN car. The car is a 1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD. My question is regarding the nozzle placement. I am using a dual nozzle setup. For space reasons I cannot mount the nozzles the way pictured in the GN install instructions. Is it ok to mount the nozzles "vertically" instead of "horizontally? I.E. one nozzle at the top of the up-pipe, and the other nozzle on the bottom of the up-pipe instead of one on the left side and one on the right side?

Should I use threadlocker (Loc-Tite?) in ADDITION to Teflon paste on the pipe threads for the nozzles?

Also does the bottle have to be mounted straight up and down, or can it be at a slight angle?

Thanks.

YES NO YES

They don't have to be horizontal. I just used thread sealer. Its stayed put for a year and a half. A slight angle of the bottle shouldn't be a problem, you just may not get the low alky light to work perfectly and may need to keep a closer eye on the level since it may not pick up all the alky.

Spins, since I answered your question how bout mine.

I have a 95 Talon TSi FWD, bone stock with 40k miles as a daily driver.

I'm looking at just basic mods for now, and have been to the dsm boards. Other than cat back, and intercooler piping what are some mods that I could do. I'm thinking of going alky on it, but I know the 25 turbo and 2nd gen BOV are weak.

My main concerns are the computer setups. How do you get around the 2nd 02 sensor, and fuel cutoffs.

BLACK6PACK, thanks for the response. I have PM'd you about the questions you asked me as to not clutter this forum with the off-topic material. I also e-mail'd you a few things.

As far as getting around a Check Engine light for the 2nd O2 sensor, an O2 simulator like the one posted above will work just fine. Although, the check engine light won't hurt anything, if you can put up with it, I wouldn't even bother spending money on one of those things. If you are hellbent on getting rid of it though, there are plans/schematics to build one yourself out of radioshack parts. Not too complicated really.