SMC quit working, ideas?

Rippin_V6

I'm gonna floor it!!!!
I pushed the test button today to make sure everything was working ok, and its not. The motor didn't bog at all. All the lights on the controller are working and the tank is full. So I pulled the plug from the pump(red and black wires) and put a test light in to see if it is getting power and it does when I hit the test button. Could the pump have gone bad? If so, how do I replace it? Thanks in advance......:)

Mine quite working last year also. Gave Steve a call and sent it out to him. Had it back in a couple of days. Great customer service. He'll take care of the problem.

Mine did the same thing last year and Steve told me to jumper the pump from the battery. If the pump doesn't run doing that, then try to reverse jumper the pump to try to dislodge any debris. If neither of those methods works, then the pump is probably bad and will have to be returned. Steve has great customer support.

Mine stopped working last week, too. Felt the knock! Tried jumping a power wire to the pump, and it didn't work, so I tried running the wires down inside the tank to the pump, it worked! Called Steve and he said that the solder must be loose at the connection and to just send in the tank and he'd take care of it. It's in the mail, sent it yesterday. Quite a stand up guy, a real benefit to the TR society for his customer service.

BTW, if you pull your tank out to send back, you'll need a 1/8" Brass plug to cap the hole in your up pipe....

Thanks for the help guys. I tried jumpering the pump but to no avail. I'm gonna call steve tomorrow and send it in.

I had the same problem. Push the test button and nothing would happen although all the lights were working. Not knowing what to do, I unscrewed the fuse knob to make sure it wasn't blown for some reason, then put it back seeing that it was fine. Tried it again and viola, alky was flowing again. Might have been dumb luck, or could have somehow reset it, I don't know but it made mine work again. Try it, you never know;)

Donnie