Snake Charmer

BOOST N

Out for a cruise with my oldest boy riding shotgun alone at the light when an 03-04 STD Cobra pulls up along side we boh had all windows down, two mid twenty year olds in it and the passenger starts snickering. Probably at the box of Kleenex in my back window ( 87 T silver all chrome trim bench seat ) Light turned green and I pulled him 3 cars and let off. At the next light they were inquiring how much boost I replied 18 and asked if it was a real SVT he said yes sir. I asked if he wanted another go at it he said yes sir. I left with 5 LB of boost and pulled him 5 cars. At the next light he said have a nice day and turned right, I didn't hear any more snickering. ;)

18 lbs of boost?? Against a 03-04 cobra? Damn. Good run. I figured it would take a bit more than that.

Love it, lmao! Two (probably) cocky twenty year olds. What are your mods please. I am also running 18lbs of boost. Just want to see where I stack up. Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

87 T, 109 block 30 over, Champion Irons, TT 60 lb inj and matching 5.7 chip, 255 pump and hot wire, Alky control, GN 1 SSL Inter cooler, 62 mm throttle body, 60 mm turbo water cooled, ATR headers and down pipe, Test Pipe, Precision waste gate, Extreme automatics stage 2 trans, Dusty's PTC 10 inch 2800 lockup converter, Rear end girdle cover, 275-60-15 Nitto DR's. Conservatively Tuned with Power Logger, 36 psi fuel, 14 deg timing, Nothing Fancy.

Attachments

• feed store pic.JPG
    feed store pic.JPG
    467.2 KB · Views: 194
  • MOTOR.JPG
    MOTOR.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 185
Thats a sick setup. I'm surprised you have the boost so low with the Alky. Especially with your timing being as low as it is. You're car is setup to be a monster. Must be fun to drive!!

I was working the tune back up from new Trans and converter install 22 psi is as much as I run. The low trimming helps to keep traction.

Thanks for the response on your set up & posting the pics. I see where I stack up with you....... Way behind! Lol. Very nice set up.