Who used the snow performance meth kits before? Any reviews

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    906.2 KB · Views: 266
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 254
They work well and I know Nick Micale has used them. They work well for adding octane and cooling everything, but if you want max effort, then get a Razor kit. Reason is that you have to run the 50/50 mix in the snow kit where as you can run 100% methanol (non-lubed) in the Razor kit. 100% methanol will offer greater cooling capacity and octane increases.

They work well and I know Nick Micale has used them. They work well for adding octane and cooling everything, but if you want max effort, then get a Razor kit. Reason is that you have to run the 50/50 mix in the snow kit where as you can run 100% methanol (non-lubed) in the Razor kit. 100% methanol will offer greater cooling capacity and octane increases.
Ya why can't I run 100% now the seals won't take it or something

Yep, Julio modifies the pumps to run straight meth. I still need to replace my pump every three years or so but rebuilds are reasonable. By all means, if it's not an extreme tune, use what you already have. How fast are you looking to go with your current setup?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yep, Julio modifies the pumps to run straight meth. I still need to replace my pump every three years or so but rebuilds are reasonable. By all means, if it's not an extreme tune, use what you already have. How fast are you looking to go with your current setup?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Nothing crazy this is my street gn it's lill stuff with a t49 just 18psi I have kr and I got the kit free.

19psi and up I getting kr so it's stay at 17 thinking the kit would stop that and just going to run 22.

Try calling "Mr Snow" to ask a question. You'll get some tech. Call Alky Control and you are talking right to man the designed the kit and knows it inside out. He can walk you though issues and advise you on tuning specifically on a TB. Who knows if Mr. Snow has even looked at a TB.

Ya I got the kit free but if I was going to pay for one Alki control but this look like it be fine for this car

The short version..... Controller burned up 3 times. Last time the controller actually caught on fire( I have video from my Iphone because I thought it would be an insurance claim). Check valve failed several times and flooded motor. Between fixing leaks, catching on fire and flooding and some jerk kid at the other end of the phone, I gave up. All on $30k Duramax.

Pretty much it. Run a mix in some, the pump won't live.
Best check w/ the mfgr and see what they say.
My $.02: Put it on the Bag, take the $ and call Julio. Done deal.

The short version..... Controller burned up 3 times. Last time the controller actually caught on fire( I have video from my Iphone because I thought it would be an insurance claim). Check valve failed several times and flooded motor. Between fixing leaks, catching on fire and flooding and some jerk kid at the other end of the phone, I gave up. All on $30k Duramax.
Dam glad my other car when's it's done all on e85 lol

Maybe I'll sell it or trade it lol

Let me know which kit, as I may have a buyer if it is the base, boost referenced kit, not the electronic controller one.

These boost kits have worked good and been reliable up to the 22 psi level which is as far as we have gone with the Snow kits and the 50/50 mix.

I do take issue however with this statement "100% methanol will offer greater cooling capacity and octane increases."

My reason is that water has about 7 times the latent heat of evaporation of alky which is why many racers use the 50/50 mix usually with race gas on turbo and supercharger applications on the land, sea and water!

Alky does not increase the octane, but its cooling affect allows more cylinder pressure, aka HP!

The alky racers I know use 3 times the amount of pure alky vs. race fuel to attain the same HP level and one of my sources there is discussions Kenny D.

Let me know which kit, as I may have a buyer if it is the base, boost referenced kit, not the electronic controller one.

These boost kits have worked good and been reliable up to the 22 psi level which is as far as we have gone with the Snow kits and the 50/50 mix.

I do take issue however with this statement "100% methanol will offer greater cooling capacity and octane increases."

My reason is that water has about 7 times the latent heat of evaporation of alky which is why many racers use the 50/50 mix usually with race gas on turbo and supercharger applications on the land, sea and water!

Alky does not increase the octane, but its cooling affect allows more cylinder pressure, aka HP!

The alky racers I know use 3 times the amount of pure alky vs. race fuel to attain the same HP level and one of my sources there is discussions Kenny D.

Funny.. I run a Precision 4788 at 26 psi boost on a 348 at 20 degree's of timing. 93 octane and 100% methanol. Car runs 8.5 at 160 3450 weight with driver.

Find me a similar car in the world on 50/50 at those boost/timing levels using pump gas.. And if you think I can run that boost and timing and not have octane.. ohh boy..

FWIW.. March of this year ran True Street here on 93... cars average on 3 back to back runs was 8.66 at 159 in the heat. That is documented on the NMCA site..

Baddest fuel in racing is Top Fuel.. thats methanol+ nitro. Below that is methanol.. below that is race gas. So shooting methanol doesn't increase octane the motor sees?