so p----------- off

Yea i will get some cleaner tommrow and fix the dirty stuff. That all looks good, i used my brother coil and all and seemed to do the same but i dont know if his is good , thing is that i dont really get a back fire it seems to slow the rpms up and slowly comes to a stop . I even tryed other wires but nothing. I will recheck my cam sensor again but looks like its in the same spot. I will also try my brothers batt cable that runs to the starter to make sure its not that.

i'll let yea know soon , thanks guys.

ok guys i might have found the problem but its getting late . I check the cam sensor with my caspers setting tool . I put the car #1 TDC ,the wires on the cap where facing the drivers side so i toght it was ok, but no light on the tool. I tuned the cam sensor all the way tell it was facing the ALT and batt side. So i tuned the cap that way and it does the same thing .

What the h-- is going on with this thing i had the cam sensor set a long time ago and never touched it after that.Would this mean the cam sensor is 180 out , and if so how does it run so good at 180 out. and how did it change by it self if this is it. I guess after work i have to pull the sensor and drop it in so the window faces the drivers side and set it from there.

help iam not good at these sensors.would this make it not rev high

if the wires will allow it just rotate the sensor aroun..it dont matter which way the wires go just as long as it drops voltage at the right time.

funny thing is i met a guy here sat night with a hotair car and it wont turn over 4000 rpm for nothing .
i looked at his last night and reading look normal but a lil rich (not causing it) and at 14# boost it wont go over 4000 and im thinking the cam sensor is backwards .

hes also getting real bad gas mileage . i bet both your cars have the same problem.. and we were running it with open dump on the exaust..

i'll probly get him to bring it by this eve and i'll check his cam sensor ...it was just too late last night to mess with it.

well i set the cam sensor , pulled it and checked it and the car runs the same. That was the last thing to check, i just dont know now maybe i'll just put my money in my jeep and stop wasting my time every day on this thing.

In park it will rev nothing over 4700-4800rpms its like a dead stop. In gear and under boost it wont wont to rev to 4000-4300 rpm. What gives.

last things to check,

turbo 350 trans
coil / mod
ecm

these are the last things and ive tryed another coil and the same thing happened.

It pulls hard from 3400-3800 then seems to die and not rev , man this sucks

Yea i have the v2 and the powerstroke intercooler, i dont have the manual i dont think, but i can get a meter to test things. I was going to check the ecm volts with the meter but its raining out.

after i change the ecm and coil again i dont know whats left to check.

If I could find the pages, I thought I found a chart that listed the pinouts for the ecm and what the voltage or ohm readings should be at each pinout when checked...By doing the checks, you can narrow down problems...There are seperate pinouts for firing the injectors, so if one or more of them shows readings way out of whack, then you have pinpointed either the wiring, injs, or even ecm problems(like inj drivers, etc) or may show a shorted out circuit or dead sensor or something...But that's just an example...Not saying that is what is wrong with yours...Changing a good ecm and replacing it with another good ecm won't tell you a thing, the problem may actually be in the wiring between the motor and the ecm...

My manual isn't here right now, but I will look tomorrow and see if I could find that page(s)...I may be able to scan them and email them to ya...

Damn, forgot that was there!!! heheh...Hard to keep track of all the info over there sometimes...

Check all those readings...If something is out of whack, then that'll pinpoint what you need to look for...If everything checks out, then it would almost have to be mechanical...

well i checked 95% of them and there all ok, the car is running pretty stong but just wont hold them rpm's. The guy down the road is reving his vett up right now at me and its p--- me off.

i seems to not be getting any knock any more , thing is to run 780-800 o2's i have to run 35-36 psi fuel with the vac line off , sounds low to me. I block learn is still at 90 and cant do any thing with it .

Okay, back to earlier in this post...You said you didn't have a chip burned for your setup and you bought it from someone off the board??? Do you have any idea what turbo the chip was set up for???

After all this, I personally think you really need to get a chip burned just for YOUR combo...Since you have already swapped over to 87 ecm and I'm assuming 87 MAF as well, don't even bother telling whoever burns it that it is for an 84/5 car...For all intents and purposes, it no longer is...Give Jim Testa a holler...He has a real good handle on burning chips for 50# injs...Tell him your combo...

Right now, that is all I can come up with...Chip just isn't right for your setup...Hope this helps...

ok i'll call and have a chip made this week if i got the money, the only thing is it ran good when i first gotit running and it still had the same chip. I need one any way to make it a little more easy to find the problems .

who makes the best chip for my combo and 50lb injectors.

I dont get it, ive tryed three chips some run a little better then the others but they all will not rev. It is pumping fuel when under boost and theres no back fire or knock now. All the lifters on the drivers side looked good and theres no header cracks or vac leaks. I am so ready to race now that i have want to the hang out and seen all the cars out racing.

its hard to beat some body with a ta54 and shifting at 4000 rpm, :D and a 2000 stall:eek:

Where can i get in touch with jim testa, phone number or web site. Iam up for any thing now, Its going to get crazy this weekend with this thing, i will try a ecm and 87 coil pack this week end and let you guys know.