softseal weather stripping... any good?

413turbo

i found a softseal weather strip kit for 139.00. has anyone used this? does it fit right, and seal good? i know it is made in usa, help me out here.

i found a softseal weather strip kit for 139.00. has anyone used this? does it fit right, and seal good? i know it is made in usa, help me out here.

It's ok. Not as good as the oem stuff. If you are not super picky, it works fine...especially for the price.

I had to spend a decent amount of time adjusting it around the windows. Once it was right, it worked good.

I neeed some on my 87 GN, wind is coming in around the windows. Where do you get it from, any links?

found it on ebay, it didn't sell- and has not yet been relisted. no links... thanks for your opinions, i may get it a shot.

They split at the seams with age and dont seal as good... But its alot cheaper than the GM.

Thats pretty much it

Its not good stuff and wouldnt use it. The windows will whistle. nos4gn has the OEM/NOS weather stripping. Nothing seals like OEM/NOS.

I dont like SoffSeal either. The door pieces dont have the inner plastic to help keep the molding in place on the upper portions so it peels away from the door. By GM/NOS send BWEAVY an email.

Metro soft works very well. You can get it at A1auto do a search on the internet.

now i guess i'll spend the extra $60.00 for oem. i wasn't sure if this is what everyone was selling as oem, just with a little mark-up, but apparently not. thanks everyone, you saved me some time and money.

What is OEM, and where do you get it?

i haven't checked on it yet, but gbodyparts.com and oldbuickparts.com both sell the kits, i don't know who is making the kits they sell. they are both about 200 us dollars. i also don't know if anyone is selling the real gm stuff or not.

i'm not going to use the softseal that is sold by lonestar on ebay, so i'll post what i can find.

I used both. I got the OEM GM stuff at Kirbans and it is very expensive but fits perfect. ($450 or so just for the roof rails -around the windows)

I bought the soffseal from Lonestar for about $100 bux and it fit well and was comparable to the GM stuff except at the ends where there is no plastic insert and the rubber rips away from the pins that hold it.

Bang for the buck it was ok. I perfer the GM stuff but that kind of $$$ is hard to swallow.