some one explain how this happened?

idk what is still your problems im telling you what the car is doing after i keep taking it apart after i see how its going

it was s simple question about how this happened and i get bashed for asking questions now about soemthing i never asked before ever

the timing chainis not broken the car ran before it was dis assembled

the rpms didnt go over 4500

the block was zero decked and im looking towards the cam was installed incorectly. this could possibly explain why it never ran right and why there was so much knock at very low boost after i changed both headgaskets

im picking up my engine guy tomorrw to show him

the motor will most likely be pulled back out and honestly it doesnt phaze me ill pull this thing in and out a hundred times until its right or no matter how many headgaskets it takes but it is going to run you can say all you want but in the end im going to be the happy one not you guys who are here to put me down asking for help. this car is going to run and run strong weather i have to fly some one out from around the world or get a local to come take a look at it so keep talking all you want after every dollar every tear every bead of sweat dripping from brow and after time it will run no matter what any of you say i dont even think half of you **** talkers have the effort or motivitaion or time or place or drive to try to accomplish what im trying to do

but if it makes you feel better it wont run ever:rolleyes:

happy now?

well thats it you got what you were looking for now you can bash the next guy on here that comes up with questions

i dont care what any of you negative people say because in the end its going to pay off and pay off better knowing the effort it takes and i will enjoy it and this right now is my main priority if it kills me but it will get done it will run and you will still be on this computer bashing people your winning the battle but i will win this war and be the happy one in the end

liv4gnz, we do not have any issues with you or anyone else asking questions on this board. What we have issue with is that we have wasted our time answering your questions just to have you do whatever you care to do and then wasting more of our time trying to teach how to repair the problems that were caused by you not listening to us in the first damn place.

With that said, I am done and am going to sit back and enjoy this circus.

I see where this is going. I hear the Special Olympics is starting an event building and racing Turbo Regals !!!

Pulling the engine and starting all over is the best thing you can do. Please have the engine done by a shop that's truely experianced with the TB and have them do the whole assembly. My bet would be the block was decked, head rebuilt and the pushrods too long caused that one to hit. Wouldn't be suprised if others have hit or are way too close. There's an old saying, "There is never enough time to do the job right but always time to do it over." Take your time this go around.

if I were you I would Fire your engine builder and beat him with a stick.

obviously has no idea as to whats going on.

A.j.

X2!!
I hope you go to a different builder!! Find one on the board...please! When you get it back it should be complete like this. Nothing for you to do but the simple stuff.;)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 508
the engine guy said the lifteres were sticking and jumping at the wrong time

I think you're getting a line of S**t there.

How many miles are on the engine since the rebuild? Those pistons look a little crusty for a recent build.

Anyway, double check the the cam timng with the usual timing marks AND a degree wheel.

Also put a slice of clay on top of a piston, bolt on head with the valve train assembled and turn over the engine over slowly by hand. when you pull the head off the valves should have left an indent in the clay. Slice the clay in half with a sharp razor blade, being careful not to distort it, at the depressions deepest point. remove half and look at the edge. This will give you an idea of how close the valves are to the pistons under normal circumstances.

i cant meet up with any one unless they come to my shop and see the car and now everyone can see weather you are standing over the fender or looking at these pics

idk what to make of it now

This was posted yesterday.... He is not going to do it for you. But he will show you how and why.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Other vehicles
- 1997 Ford F250HD Powerstroke (daily driver)
- 2004 Mercury Marauder #956 out of 3213

Pictures

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet.

gnxtc2
View Public Profile
Send a private message to gnxtc2
Send email to gnxtc2
Visit gnxtc2's homepage!
Find all posts by gnxtc2
Add gnxtc2 to Your Buddy List

Did YOU contact Billy? gnxtc2@aol.com

Good Day AJ

I've seen this, one like it.

Triple key timing set, double row, Comp Cams manufactured. The key way in the lower gear was not in the proper corresponding location to the dot on the outer row of teeth on the lower gear. It placed the camshaft about 30 degrees advanced. Amazingly...the engine cranked and ran! It sounded SICK and had tremendous "valvetrain" like noises. Same engine...the head studs were not correct and the washers were not used under the nut, as a result, the gasket was never properly clamped between the block and head. It leaked.

i cant meet up with any one unless they come to my shop and see the car and now everyone can see weather you are standing over the fender or looking at these pics

idk what to make of it now

The offer was put out to you, it's now your turn to respond.

If you're concerned about paying me, buy me a slice of pizza from Marcello's.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Triple key timing set, double row, Comp Cams manufactured. The key way in the lower gear was not in the proper corresponding location to the dot on the outer row of teeth on the lower gear. It placed the camshaft about 30 degrees advanced. Amazingly...the engine cranked and ran! It sounded SICK and had tremendous "valvetrain" like noises. Same engine...the head studs were not correct and the washers were not used under the nut, as a result, the gasket was never properly clamped between the block and head. It leaked.

how do i check and i did notice it is a double roller with 2 gears on each shaft?

should i ask him what kind it was he used

so where i stand now one head off should i pull it all out and than what?
bring it back to him?

Pull the engine. You have lots of problems. I would find a builder with Turbo Regal experience.

A good shop won't be defensive about a mistake. Everyone makes them from time to time, how they are handled makes the difference. I would however, try to be sure of what the mistake is before I went back. I would pull the other head and see if the valves hit on that side too. Best I could tell on number four cylinder, it was an intake that hit and yes if they hit they are bent. Do your homework. The correct diagram for timing the gears came with the timing set. if you got all your instruction sheets from the builder, and you should, it is in there. You will be able to tell if the problem lay in the timing set installation from this document. If I had some good photos I could likely tell as I am fairly familiar with them. If the shop made the mistake, though you are angry, try not to be too aggressive or you will certainly be sent away, right or wrong....the only thing I would would be concerned about...what other mistakes may be waiting to be found????