Some pics of my Stage 2

I sure hope the detonation is kept to a minimum!!!! The FAST system and the E85 should help as long as I can learn to tune properly! I know guys like Cal Hartline are going to be a BIG help when it gets to that point. Thanks for the help Mike!!

Thanks guys! I havent done any of the motor work personally, and i honestly wouldnt trust myself doing it, but Mike Booher (BlownV6)has done all of it. He has also spent a lot of time teaching me along the way. This is the very first motor I have ever had built and I only knew the basics of how a motor works. Through this build up, I have learned a TON and cant thank Mike enough for the amount of time he has spent talking with me. Mike is the man!:biggrin:

I also have to thank my great friend Prasad (WickedV6) for all of his help throug this, if it wasnt for him, I would have nothing. He has steered me in the right directions and hooked me up with Mike Booher and all the other people I needed to accomplish this goal. Also Mike at FullThrottle has been a BIG help and set us up with fantastic parts and great prices!

I cant believe i forgot to thank my good buddy Jose (RapidoV6) for building my tranny and helping me out along the way. Jose is an excellent mechanic and I am amazed at how much he knows. Thank you Jose for all your time and help, couldnt ask for a better friend.

Since you are using the scorpion chevy style rockers,make sure to check the screw in studs.Mine were to short(any the pushrods were correct) and i broke a few tips of the studs,The studs needed to replaced with a talller set.
I think i got the part number somewhere.

Thanks guys! I havent done any of the motor work personally, and i honestly wouldnt trust myself doing it, but Mike Booher (BlownV6)has done all of it. He has also spent a lot of time teaching me along the way. This is the very first motor I have ever had built and I only knew the basics of how a motor works. Through this build up, I have learned a TON and cant thank Mike enough for the amount of time he has spent talking with me. Mike is the man!:biggrin:

I also have to thank my great friend Prasad (WickedV6) for all of his help throug this, if it wasnt for him, I would have nothing. He has steered me in the right directions and hooked me up with Mike Booher and all the other people I needed to accomplish this goal. Also Mike at FullThrottle has been a BIG help and set us up with fantastic parts and great prices!

You are welcome bud anytime, All I was doing was passing on the knowledge and information that I gained form Mike Booher, Mike from Full Throttle, OC and so forth. In the beginning I was like a fish out of water too then time after time asking simple and some what stupid questions, I was able to understand what it takes go though a Stage II build up.

Prasad

Nice build Mike.

It seems to be common to raise the roof of the intake port on production style heads. And it's a good move for a better breathing port. This presents a problem when using the Felpro intake gaskets like the ones in your pictures. You trim a little to prevent too much gasket hanging down into the port. You can't trim as much as you need to, because that would leave the gasket material too thin at that spot, and the gasket would most likely blow out with a good intake backfire. As a matter of fact, it does when it's cut too thin. I know from experience. With the gasket left the way you have it, a little thicker, but partially hanging into the port and little actually being clamped between the intake and head, there is the chance that the gasket will get sucked in. And, it can. That's another one I know from experience.

The fix to your problem is to source a gasket set from TA Performance that has more material above and below the intake ports so you can cut what you need from the ID.

Or, you can do what I've been doing, and that is to cut your own intake gaskets. Felpro sells blank intake gasket material for Pro Stock applications. It's a giant piece of 1/16" material, the outline cut to be used for big V8 heads without the port openings and bolt holes in it. The V6 outline easily fits into one of these blanks and you can make the gaskets with as much extra material as you like to prevent any chance of blow out. The material is the same as the Felpro gaskets that are in your pictures.

Also, if you haven't already done it, fab a baffle for the pcv opening. Unless you're not going to run one. I don't know why you wouldn't.

The heads are ported and actually the felpro gasket fits perfectly. I see no reason to trim them at all. The pic makes things look a bit different than they really are. I use a felpro on my stage 2 and glue the gasket to the manifold and bolt it down to the heads, next day I trim out all the overlap , and on my heads there is a lot of triming required:eek: Mike:cool:

Here's a few pictures of the front end and brakes, etc. I finally got the car out of the garage to wash the 5" of crap off from sitting for 2 years! Now I'm going to through a cover on it until I get the Limited painted and put back together.

Attachments

• GNs.jpg
    GNs.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 3,053
  • gns1.jpg
    gns1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 3,014
  • gns4.jpg
    gns4.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 3,036
Also, I wanted to give a HUGE THANKS to Mike and Lynda Booher! My little brother Zac and I had the wonderful opportunity of finally meeting them face to face this weekend at the BPG's. Mike and Lynda, Paul, Len Freeman, and all the rest of the crew were very hospitable and welcoming to us! Mike, the motor looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It really shows how great the people in this community are. After all the converstaions MIke and I had on the phone, I would have to say MIke is one of the BEST guys in our community! THANKS AGAIN MIKE FOR EVERYTHING! Well heres a few snap shots of the motor nesting confortably next to it's new buddy "The Sinfull GN!"

Attachments

• drag7.jpg
    drag7.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 3,015
  • drag8.jpg
    drag8.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 3,011
  • drag11.jpg
    drag11.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 2,968
  • drag14.jpg
    drag14.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 2,997
  • drag16.jpg
    drag16.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 2,945
Couple more! Had to take one of me in there too!

Attachments

• drag12.jpg
    drag12.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 2,950
  • drag20.jpg
    drag20.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 2,951
Looks Awesome Jeremy

Nice meeting you and the other guys last night...

That was a crazy night. :biggrin:

Good luck with the new bullet.... the fun starts NOW!!

Looks Awesome Jeremy

Nice meeting you and the other guys last night...

That was a crazy night. :biggrin:

Good luck with the new bullet.... the fun starts NOW!!

Definately had a great time at the good ol' Quality Inn! Thanks for the advice and great conversation! I learned a ton this weekend. Now I just have to try to make the jump from "fixer" to "tuner" like we talked! Well, I suppose I need to put the motor in first! Hopefully we'll all be able to meet up at BG next year!

Tell zbeggs if he is going to be in the pics, put on some cloths. There was enough flesh this weekend. I wonder if that biker chick is still looking for a ride...
Your engine looks killer. I can tell I will be thrown' major bucks around this winter. These cars are so addicting. Next year at BG we better see "SINFULL" GN next to THE "XAQSHNR" (EXECUTIONER for you illiterate folk) and "1 QUIK 6".
Take care my new friend.
Coach

Thanks Donnie! I will shoot myself if my car isnt ready for BG next year. It's been way to long since i have driven this bad boy! Once again, it was absolutely wonderful meeting you and Barry and Badassgn this weekend. We really had the time of our life and Zac finally got to see why I love these cars soooooooo much! It's kind of funny because the cars are fun but the people we meet are 100 times better!