Some TR guys are assh*les

trbo6gn

well last night i went to cecil county dragway in maryland and their were a few gn's up there. so i walked up to the one it had a beautiful paint job and was a very nice car. the driver was very nice and i complimented him on his car. then i c another gn that is beat up paint is faded mud all over the thing dents everywhere and there are these two black guys sitting on the hood. liscense plate is try me. so i walk over and try and have a conversation with the guy. and everytime i ask him about his car he just laughs at me. then he asks if i have one and i tell him i do. well he looks at his buddy and laughs. i guess he figured i was lying to him about having one. so i look down and he has a cottons front mount. so i mention that i like the look of his intercooler and that the powdercoating looks good and out of shock he's like how do u know it's a cottons. and i explain that i know these cars inside and out and taht there are no end tanks on the intercooler. then i ask him what size turbo he has and he says te-44 and im thinking in my head this guy is completly full of ****. so he gets up to run and he has to sit on the line for 5 seconds in order to spool the turbo. lol i was like yeah right 44 my ass. so i walk around and i look at his car when he pops the hood and there's a t 88 under the hood and all i could think was what an ass. this guy gives Tr's a bad name and i was ashamed to c one in such bad conidition and an owner who needs to learn how to take a compliment and not b a dick about it.

street racer a$$hole who thinks he is going to win all sorts of money by camoflauging his setup, thinking that everyone is going race his "piece.":rolleyes:

ur exactly right wistle he would cross the middle line at the very end of the track so taht it would come up no time every time. i kinda snuck up on him when he had his hood up and caught a peek

This Guys a Ahole cause he didn't wanna talk to you?? So if he doesnt tell you his turbo size, cause he'd race it & try to make money that makes him a ass??I'm confused, he doesnt tell you & or doesnt wanna be bothered he's a ass?? I'm not trying to stir something up but why didn't you just walk away & say f em??
Some people just don't wanna be bothered.

I agree with you on how the car looks,But why should it bother you It's not yours..IMO.

Jim

Dont sweat it. Like was said some ppl dont wanna be bothered and some ppl are just punks. Thats the way it is... Out of the half dozen Buick owners local to me only one is a tool and he gets laughed at for having a mid ten sec combo which only runs high 12s on a good day with a 50mph tail wind. I guess Id be in a bad mood all the time too if I were him :D .

Wanna meet some nice Buick ppl? Go to the nats in BG, KY.... Most folks there seem to be pretty laid back IMO (other than the knot heads doing dry hops, trans brake tuning, and 45+mph in the pits :rolleyes: ). I met some of the nicest ppl last time Ms myclone and myself went.

ok jr if he was a hardcore street racer he wouldn't have ppoped his hood in the lanes and he wouldn't have been at the track even making runs. the guy was an ass i asked him 2 questions and he was a complete dick about it. al i did was compliment him and the guy laughed like a complete ass. im sure u would feel the same way if u were trying to b nice to someone and they acted that way.

Sounds like the guy was more a ringer than an a$$shole. Tried to cover what he had to draw the bucks. Pretty shrewed to bring the car with dirt and all to knock down what he had.

Originally posted by 2quiktocare
Sounds like the guy was more a ringer than an a$$shole. Tried to cover what he had to draw the bucks. Pretty shrewed to bring the car with dirt and all to knock down what he had.

Exactly :) To go back to my Ancient Japanese quoting ;) -

"War is based on deception." - Sun Tzu "Racing is War" - 420

Ok, the last part is mine :D

yeah but wuts the point in trying to trick people when u r going to make a pass and haul ass until u shut it down then everyone knows how fast ur car is? so y b an ass about it and try and hide it.

Bah haaaa

We have some of those half trackers around here. When they finally get up a street race, their sh1t always breaks ,and they never win. Then they have to pile their sh1t buckets back on the trailer and haul them home. What's really funny is they loose money.

I would guess that the car is stolen, and/or has stolen parts on it. Maybe that is why the car is so beaten up and they laughed when you were asking questions about it......JMO