South Florida Club Is Dead...

jsta6

John 15:17
I am seriously considering moving our monthly meetings from the last Friday of the month, to the last Saturday of the month.

We need to be having "REAL" meetings, like the Orlando guys do. And the South Florida F-Body guys.

Our trying to do something in the dark side of a parking lot full of 500 other cars, after we get off of work, is not working out.

Every month someone different comes up to me at the meetings saying that they were there last month, but no one else was.

I really don't care about Tower shops. We can go there any Friday and see 500 cars. What is the big deal?

This club is supposed to be for us, and after almost one year of existence, none of us have gotten anything out of it. We should be having dyno days, track days, group purchases/discounts, etc. All of you have ideas and enthusiasm for things to do, but we can never get anything going. The picnic fiasco is one example. The only people that showed up were non-club members.

Anywho, shoot me an email and let me know if you are for the Saturday as opposed to the Friday. One meeting place that comes to mind is the K-Mart accross the street from Towers. That place has the brightest lights that I have ever seen. Another alternative is the Home Depot where the F-bodys meet.
It is just off of I-95 in the middle of the tri-county area in Hollywood. There is an Ale House there that would be great for us.

On an up side, we are working on putting together a BOP show and race at the Bradenton track.

We don't have our rules finished yet, but please take a look at the GSCA rules and let me know what you would like to add or subtract. Please keep in mind, that we are just about done with OUR rules, so don't expect us to re-write everything. BUT, we welcome your comments.

PLEASE REPLY TO ME DIRECTLY ABOUT THE RACE RULES. I don't want you all bickering about things. I know we will be able to accomidate everyone. I also will be calling each of you to speak "one on one" about the rules.

The "outline" for our rules is here:
http://buickgsca.com/race_rules.htm

Don't give up. I know how you feel. I did this while I was in the Palm Beaches and moved right about the time you started this down south. It took huge amounts of effort, phone calls, etc and even then getting everyone together seemed to take an act of god. It takes years of patiently continuing the phone calls and thankless undertaking of event planning to keep a club going. I've done Corvette Clubs, f-body as well as GN and I can tell ya it's a bear. It is surely needed so don't let it get you down. When it finally starts to really run, you'll be glad you didn't lose sight. I wish I were there to lend a hand, but Sebring is a little remote. Go figure, I moved here to be right next to the dragstrip and they closed that portion of the track. :mad:

Thanks Joe.

I am DEFINATELY NOT giving up. I hope I did not sound that way?

I could sit in a parking lot all by myself for all I care. It gets me out of the house. I LOVE my wife and kids, but I have got to get away some times. These once a month meetings are the best time for me to clean the chrome under the engine.;)

I just want to move it out of the "fiasco" better known as tower shops.

This is just one of our "growing pains".

Saturdays

I'll show up every Saturday if you move the meetings from Friday to Saturday.

Good thinking captain. It's about time. :D

:cool:

yep.

I figure that we are going to regroup.

I will print up some new flyers and start passing them out at the towers meets.

I will also overhaul the web site...BRAD!!!

Shawn,

Saturdays sounds good to me. Just say when & where.

BTW, I like how my corvette club works. They meet for dinner at some small restaurant. The meeting is called to order. There is an usual agenda:
Minutes from previous meeting
Events that are coming up
New Items & Discussion

Afterwards we go hang out by the cars and talk a while.

The restaurant/pub/lodge has to be small enough (or have a side room) to want the group on a regular basis (even once a month). The food has to be decent.

I go all the way to south dade because the group is good, the meetings and activities are fun, even if I can't make them all.

Luigi

exactly.

When the club started we were just all throwing ideas in to a big pot. Well, to many cooks spoiled the food.

I am going to put something together in CEMENT and then see who wants to be a part of it...

A buddy from High School owns a sports pub in Hollywood which could be a good place...:cool:

I have been out of loop recently, but am still very interested in participating in club events. Please keep me informed on what the new meeting times and places will be.:D

-Alex

Hollywood??

You're going the wrong way Shawn HA HA

It already takes me close to an hour to get to Tower Shops. THEN no one is there but you (but you DID have cupcakes though).

I agree that the Sat night idea is best. Tooooo many people have problems with a Friday night after a day of work.

Have fun figuring this out.

Terry (Boca Raton)

hey jsta6 you can count me in when i get my TR this weekend.
i mean i head out there alamost every week due to the fact that me and my impy SS are a part of the local clube sofaSSt and they get it together every week with no problems they'll show up with at least 15-20 cars i hope we could do a whole lot better then that or hopefully somewhere close to that :rolleyes:
hopefully....:)
you can count me and jorge in FO SHO....

Hey, I know a bunch of guys from the Tampa Bay area who can't come out to any local cruises to hang with some TR guys, but, they don't mind long drives. I'll tell them to come to your next meeting. ;)

I just want that BMP event so I can show you all my license plate :p

And yeah what RedRegalT said ...

Good luck on the club..

Hello.

Please be advised that we are having our club night at Moroso on Friday the 25th, instead of towers. If you can't make it to Moroso, there are some people still going to Towers.

As some of you already know, we will be moving our monthly meetings from the last Friday of the month, to the last Saturday of the month.

The first "official" meeting will be Saturday, November 30 at "Shamrocks Sports Bar" in Hollywood. Shamrocks is owned by a friend of mine from high school, (Dan). Shamrocks is a restaurant / lounge type of place where children are welcome.

We have 32 members on our member list, so lets have a good showing.

Meets will be from 7pm till whenever. At 8pm, we will have an "official" meeting. Things to discuss are track night at Morosso, Dyno Day, T-Shirts, and the possibility of club "dues", etc. I will also be talking to you about the BOP race day that we are trying to put together at Bradenton.

For those of you wishing to have a "sneak peak" of our new meeting place, you can stop by THIS Saturday, October 26. Some members are stopping by to check things out.

Shamrocks is at 1925 Harrison St. Their phone number is 954-922-2729.

To get to Shamrocks, take I-95 (or the Turnpike) to Hollywood Blvd. Take Hollywood Blvd East about 1 mile (or about 5 miles from the Turnpike) to Dixie Highway (railroad tracks). Make a right on Dixie Highway, (before the railroad tracks), and a quick left (Harrison street). Shamrocks is about 2 blocks on your left. Parking can be found either at a meter in front of the
restaurant, or at the parking garage on 20th ave between Harrison and Van Buren streets. We are working on some more "formal" parking arrangements.

The map to Shamrocks can be found here:
http://www.infospace.com/mapredir.htm?&otmpl=ypv3/map.htm&QA=1935+Harrison+S
treet&QC=Hollywood&QS=FL&QZ=33020

Idono

The restaurant idea is good, but the parking situation sounds terrible dude.

Why not have something where we could be out in the open, like towers, Kmart, and La Carreta?

I would like to be able to park in A group and shoot the s***.

Just me.
:confused:

1. You live in Tallahassee.
2. You were one of the guys that wanted to stay at towers on Fridays, and then later said that Saturdays were better.
3. I am working on a special "parking surprise". More details later...
4. You can share your opinions at the next meeting...;)

But seriously...I thought about that and I am working on something...:cool:

Why would I want the meetings to be on fridays when I'm not in town till late friday nights?
In other words skippy, I never said that.

I'll try to call you this weekend.
:cool: