Southeast GM Turbo6 Cookout - June 15 - Jordan Lake, NC

NCTyphoon

We'll be at Jordan Lake Vista Point Access at our usual shleter area(the last shelter on the left before the boat drop parking lot, provided it isn't already taken!) I'll plan on arriving around 10:30-11 am to try to "secure" it . I'll have the usual paper plates, flatware, etc. I'm planning on bringing about some burgers, hotdogs & buns, box of 12 can drinks. If everyone planning on coming out could reply back to email & let me know a general headcount, & what you plan to bring, that would help so I can make sure we have enough food to go around. Anyone needing directions or want to hook up to cruise there together, let me know. See ya in a few weeks!
Cheryl

Sorry but I'll be on the Honeymoon on Sunday!!

i kinda knew that :) I hope that hitchin goes well sat :) i'll be there look for me in the tatered overalls and carrin a shotgun. there gunna be any doves let loose during this shin dig if so thats dinner. :biggrin:

Aw Sam, we thought you'd rather come out with us instead;) Congrats , maybe you & Sarah can make the next one

the lake

Cheryl, I will be at the lake, posted on our board things i can bring or anything else we need. Just let me know. See everyone then.:biggrin:

by the way does anyone realize that weekend is father's day??

I didn't until Conrad brought it to my attention this week. We didn't try to change the date this close to the meet day, been planned since like Jan/Febuary. We realize we'll be short some folks who have other plans. Heck, just bring Dad to the lake!
And then some folks have father's who fall into the category of being compared as only sperm donors and don't qualify to be referred to as a "Father"

And then some folks have father's who fall into the category of being compared as only sperm donors and don't qualify to be referred to as a "Father"

Well that was not only more than I needed to know but uncalled for as well. Change the date, don't change the date I couldn't care less, but the piss and vinegar commentary is totally unwarranted.

Put me down for 2, Becky & I.
I will make up some devil eggs. Looking forward to see everyone.

Gary & Becky

Gary, I'm glad you saw the thread. I meant to call you today & make sure you knew about the meet, but got busy & forgot. See yall next Sunday :)

Becky made the commit that what is a better way to spend Father Day than to be around good friends, family and "Buicks" (OK any turbo GM vehicles).

Gary

Well that was not only more than I needed to know but uncalled for as well. Change the date, don't change the date I couldn't care less, but the piss and vinegar commentary is totally unwarranted.

You weren't the only one offended......Y'know as much as I was actually hoping to put some faces and names together, especially Gary, I think I'll pass after reading that crack by NCtyphoon. A simple and valid question did not deserve that kind of reply.

the pot calling the kettle black

You weren't the only one offended......Y'know as much as I was actually hoping to put some faces and names together, especially Gary, I think I'll pass after reading that crack by NCtyphoon. A simple and valid question did not deserve that kind of reply.

I really don't see what the problem is over that comment not unless you people think of your fathers in that same manner.

I know that for a fact i put my father in that same category. So i understand what she meant by that.

But i do know that someone has made remarks on this board that others could have cared less to read but no one ever replied with such attitude over a remark. hey if you guys don't care to join in with us so be it.

flame suit on.

so how does it feel to be perfect???

I really don't see what the problem is over that comment not unless you people think of your fathers in that same manner.

I know that for a fact i put my father in that same category. So i understand what she meant by that.

But i do know that someone has made remarks on this board that others could have cared less to read but no one ever replied with such attitude over a remark. hey if you guys don't care to join in with us so be it.

flame suit on.

So if I understand this correctly: somehow it's MY fault that Typhoon went a little overboard with her(?) response?

And can I also presume it's MY fault that the two of you seem to be telling me and anyone else that might have been intersted in coming out that if our lives don't revolve around our cars have no business questioning the edicts from the supreme high command as to the time and locations of your little admiration society meetings? You have a lot of nerve complaining about my attitude little boy.

So if I understand this correctly: somehow it's MY fault that Typhoon went a little overboard with her(?) response?

And can I also presume it's MY fault that the two of you seem to be telling me and anyone else that might have been intersted in coming out that if our lives don't revolve around our cars have no business questioning the edicts from the supreme high command as to the time and locations of your little admiration society meetings? You have a lot of nerve complaining about my attitude little boy.

Mam

I never stated that it was your fault that NCtyphoon made that comment. As a mater of fact she made that comment well before you ever joined in this thread. no where in my post ever comes across and meaning that. so i can't understand where your getting that from.

Never in any one's comment but your own stated that about not coming to the event. due to your not liking the comment that NCtyphoon made. well if thats a small thing to get in a tissy over well i guess it really don't take much to get your feathers ruffled. Also i think your passing judgement about someone over something they said on a internet board is wrong.

Also like it was stated up above that it has been posted on our GMturbo6 board that this was the date set months ago before anyone realized it was father's day until conrad brought it to our attention. I can understand that if everybody has something they need to do for the family etc and that they can't be there it's not a problem.

I'm stepping down from my soapbox I have said what i wanted to say and will not say no more. but for you and kevin to get in such a uproar of such a little comment like that i can't understand.

First off: I asked a question and got a response that was not necessary and I said my peace about it: no more, no less. At that point my involvement should have ceased, but you don't seem to think so, which makes no sense either.

Secondly: Did it ever occur to anybody that being a traditional family-type holiday there is a good chance that particular area may actually be reserved or that there may be other "squatters" already there, and maybe just maybe that was my primary reason for bringing up that ugly little detail? (I'll give you a hint, as I already know the answer----"why no, that thought hadn't occured to anybody") Matters not to me when or where this takes place, it really doesn't, and it's not my decision to make anyway. Just spare me the righteous indignation just because I find the whole manner in which this has been handled to be in poor taste. (refer to item#1)

Bottom line: this should have been dead and buried by now. Again: I said my peace and that was it for me, all parties formally agree to disagree and are now free to resume nobler pursuits: among them life, liberty and religious fulfillment. You want to keep this ongoing, that's up to you but be advised: I really don't have the time for this nonsense. Now if you'll excuse me I need to finish the payouts schedule for BPG/Columbus. After that it's on to the judging standards for the turbo classes.

Y'know as much as I was actually hoping to put some faces and names together, especially Gary, I think I'll pass after reading that crack by NCtyphoon.

From current and past postings you've made, I consider this a blessing.