Stage II 87 GN for sale

NastyGn

1987 GN Stage II best time to date is 9.40 at 142.7. Current Chassie Cert till 02/07 for 8.50 and slower. Motor freshened 6 passes ago, Tranny (T400) freshened 4 passes ago, New Neil Chance Converter. Fiber glass hood and front bumper, all the rest is stock steel. A list of items on the car are:

Heads
Gn1 Alum heads
Ported and polished and flowed by Greg Goode
Head gaskets are felpro wire lock #1007
Head bolts are ARP

Block
4.1 Stage II oncenter
bore 3.830
Steel crank 3.625 stroke stand by stand
pistons are Venolia forged
Cam is a PT&E .236/.236 @ 50 or .274/.274 @ .015 with 110 lobe centers solid roller
lifters are Crane Cam solid roller
Valves are Ferrea #GN1600 and are 2.10 and 1.70
timing chain is a double roller
oil pump is a Precision Turbo front cover hi volume pump
Blueprinted and balanced by Conley's
Bottom end all ARP bolts

Intake
BGC ported and polished by Conley
Plenum is BGC ported and polished by Conley's

Headers
ATR Big tube SS headers

Injectors
160#

Fuel System
Weldon 2015 pump with
two 8AN lines feeding both sides of the fuel rail
the stock fuel line is used as a return

Computer
Fel-Pro Sequential DFI
MSD Digital 7 with MSD Distrubitor and coil pak
Spark plug wires MSD 8.5 #31179
Spark plugs Autolite 103 or NGK 4554

Turbo
PT&E PT-80
Conley's down pipe and Trubonetics Racgate

Transmission
T400 built by Airabe
With t-brake

Converter
10" Neil Chance

Drive Shaft
alum by quarter master

Rear end
Mossier 35 spline axle
U.S. Gear 3.89
U.S Gear Spool
Ford Motorsport 11" Disc breaks
Mosher 9" Center Housing
Mark Williams Center Section
Metco Lower Control Arms
adjustable Bennett upper
Comp eng adjustable shocks in the rear and QA-1's adjustable in front
Springs, (new rear springs old stock front)
air bags both sides
Front Tires 205/75R/15
Rims Crager Drag Stars 15" x 5
Race Tires 10.5 X 15 M/T 29.5 tall
Rims Crager Drag Stars 10" with 4.5 back spacing

The car also has Chassie Eng wheelie bars and Strod air launch chut. The body is stright and paint is good, there are a few scratches. Int is good with stock seats and new headliner just installed.

Asking price is $25,000 with much more invested.

WOW,

That is a great price. I'll bet you have all of that invested in the engine alone!

Why are you selling?

Dave

The price is firm!

The reason for selling is times change and other projects are in mind. I only have time and money for one project at a time.

In total shock that you are selling it

Neal,

Sorry to hear that you are selling the GN. I know we had a pretty long talk on IRC a couple of weeks ago about the car and all. I know for a fact that someone is going to have one of the nicest and well thought-out Buicks in the country. If there were anyway possible to buy this car I would be ALL over it. There is absolutely NO WAY that you could even THINK about building that car for the price IMO it’s a STEAL at that price. If it was me I would take no less then 30k for it but that’s just me. Neal I will defiantly spread the word as much as I can about the car because it is SUCH a good buy and such a well built car. So what’s the new project going to be? :D

Hopefully some day I can build a car similar to this one and Neal could you do me a favor and send me all the info you have on it? My email address is ttypewe4jim@gmail.com or just catch me on IRC.

Thanks a lot
Jim Barnes

Re: In total shock that you are selling it

Originally posted by ttypewe4jim
Neal,

Sorry to hear that you are selling the GN. I know we had a pretty long talk on IRC a couple of weeks ago about the car and all. I know for a fact that someone is going to have one of the nicest and well thought-out Buicks in the country. If there were anyway possible to buy this car I would be ALL over it. There is absolutely NO WAY that you could even THINK about building that car for the price IMO it’s a STEAL at that price. If it was me I would take no less then 30k for it but that’s just me. Neal I will defiantly spread the word as much as I can about the car because it is SUCH a good buy and such a well built car. So what’s the new project going to be? :D

Hopefully some day I can build a car similar to this one and Neal could you do me a favor and send me all the info you have on it? My email address is ttypewe4jim@gmail.com or just catch me on IRC.

Thanks a lot
Jim Barnes

Thanks for the kind words Jim, I did think about asking 30K for it but figured at 30K everything would have to be perfect. Almost everything mech. on the car has been rebuilt or replaced. Since I know every bolt in the thing the only thing that would make it better would be a brand new paint job. There is nothing wrong with the one on it but over the years you do end up with a scratch here and there, most people would not notice them but I know there there. If I would have had the car painted then I would have asked 30K for it. You never can get all the money out of a car that is put into it.

As for the new project I have some ideas and options open to me but the sale of the GN must happen before I can go ahead with any of them. I'm not in any hurry since things are still in the planing stage.

Take Care

I've seen this car in action. It's fast and nice. It's a steel at 25K.

Neal,
What other projects you working on? Another car?

Good luck on the sell!!!!!!

Originally posted by Chris McDade
I've seen this car in action. It's fast and nice. It's a steel at 25K.

Neal,
What other projects you working on? Another car?

Good luck on the sell!!!!!!

Thanks Chris, As for the new project at this time it's just a number of pieces of a puzzle and ideas so until all of them come togeather I got nothing to talk about.

Take Care

Neal -

So you're bailing out? I know how it is only running a car once or twice a year - hard to justify the effort and expense sometimes. Someone is going to get a helluva deal - powertrain alone is worth the asking price.

Anyone interested in this car - I have seen this car in person - you will not be disappointed - worth every penny!

See you in Bowling Green Neal! :eek: LOL

Peace

Originally posted by Bent6
Neal -

So you're bailing out? I know how it is only running a car once or twice a year - hard to justify the effort and expense sometimes. Someone is going to get a helluva deal - powertrain alone is worth the asking price.

Anyone interested in this car - I have seen this car in person - you will not be disappointed - worth every penny!

See you in Bowling Green Neal! :eek: LOL

Peace

Hey Will
I don't know if I would call it bailing out, looking at other projects to get into would be better. There is no real justifing the sport except to like it.

As for Bowling Green I have not been there since 1998 and have no plan to attend this year either.

Thanks for the kind words about the car and I would like to Congratulate you and your wife on the new baby!

Take Care

Yes, heck of a deal here. Lots of top notch parts, no junk. I know a few guys who paid in excess of 20k for a car just to get a couple of passes and then go through the "fresh" motor to find junk parts and a bad engine build. Hate to be spending that kind of $$ and have to dump in another 8k into a engine rebuild.