Stall for a PTE GTQ70DBB?

The Darkside

Heavy Metal Thunder
I'm preparing to send my CK Performance 9x11 back in to Chris(great guy to deal with by the way)for a re-stall & was just looking for help on deciding how much stall I would need. Car is street driven 95% of the time...

Stall was originally ordered as a 3400 approx 3 years ago & seemed to spool great with the old combo(TE45A .63 & 204/214 CAM), but didn't seem to be working with the new GTQ 70DBB w/ .85 exhaust housing & 218/218 FT CAM, so I decided to foot brake test the stall speed & at 0 boost the tach was showing 4000 rpm's. Now I'm not sure if the stall just loosened up or what? Maybe a freshened up 3400 stall speed would be the answer...

I also noticed very little rpm drop on the 2/3 & 3/4 shifts while on a highway test run.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks, The Darkside:cool:

With that cam you are gonna need about 3800 stall for good spool up, especially with a 70GTQBB, BB or not. If you run stock compression and cubes, you will need more (3800ish) stall.
My experience with a 218 cam was short and painful.:rolleyes: I had a 45a with it. A 3500 AC non locker brought it to life But bottom end just was never impressive.

Top end was great... Getting there not so much!

Your Experience With The 218 Cam Was Short ,,,,,,my Experience With The 9/11 Was A Disaster......sorry I Could Not Keep It In No More

My 9/11 worked well. But I heard many had issues.

I think it made a difference where you bought it.