Stalling with new setup

87ttypeV8

cant beat the boost!
Hello,

Well i went to look at my buddies car... 87 ttype

he just picked up a TA or TE 60... i forget which, and 60 lbs injectors and a chip

i think he was jumping the gun with a combo like this as he still has stock intake, and downpipe... even though he chopped it where the cat should be and put a muffler up..

but anyways... the car doesnt spool easily... and has problems building boost, which i believe is because of the converter, which is coming in about a month he says..

when the car is floored it hesitates and then takes off and feels strong.. and then when he lets off, it like stumbles to hold an idle and wants to die and sometimes does. When it dies it takes about 30 seconds to restart and then idles and runs fine, just dies or stumbles when coming down after boosting the car

thanks in advance as we are stumped on this problem.. i recommended new plugs and an 02 and maybe set the TPS and crank position sensor just to make sure all is well. As well as a new Intake system as stock is not the best

but any advice is appreciated
thanks

Just to throw some ideas out... make sure the stock headers don't have cracks. Check them all over. Is the chip for the car specifically? Make sure all intercooler pipes and up pipe clamps are tight. You need a scan tool, you might be rich. Stock maf? Known to be good? It's a start.

thanks for the ideas...
intercooler pipes all good, new silicon tubes all on intercooler pipes, exhaust was just taken off and put back on making sure all gaskets were good... some how the pipes couldve cracked but i dont think that really happened

MAF, idk if stock or not, i tapped with screw driver lightly and all was fine... no RPM change... i did recommend a scan tool but agree it is running a little rich even though Agressive Auto sold him the whole package and a custom chip he burnt for him