Stand Alone EFI System

Revolution

Hi there I'm new to this forum but I currently have a 1997 Eagle Talon with a AEM EMS plug and play standalone computer system. I have had nothing but software, and hardware problems with it. My question is what is your collective opinion on the Motec M4, Electromotoive TEC 3, or F.A.S.T EFI sytems. Good or bad experiences, and personal opinions welcome as long as your speaking from personal experenince not hear-say! My car has a fully built motor, and been stroked to 2.3 (from 2.0L), 1050cc inj, and twin ball bearing GT66 turbo etc.... Thanks for the help Ron

After a conversation with a turbo Regal guy up here who runs the TEC 3 it looks like that is the best route for my application, so if anyone has any imput on this system please feel free to chime in either positivie or negative. Thanks

I know two vendor/tuners for that system who are very good.

Momar Injection
Dave Cimbura
970-627-3651
momarefi.com

Vishnu Performance
vishnutuning.com

Shiv, form Vishnu is an import tuning GURU and well versed on the TEC3 system. I have some of his tricks on my WRX and they are very nice. That would be my first call. It may take some time to get through to him though as they are very popular. I dont' know though is they stray into the Talon market though.

The Electromotive system is very nice by the way. Here is the link to the site. http://www.emi.cc/

Thanks for the info. Have the people you know running the Tec-3 had any hardware problems, bad coils, mother board etc.. I'm fairly confident about the system already form what I have heard on a technical stand point but I want to make sure there won't be a bunch of hardware problems like I'm having with the Aem EMS. Thanks again.

Originally posted by Revolution
Thanks for the info. Have the people you know running the Tec-3 had any hardware problems, bad coils, mother board etc.. I'm fairly confident about the system already form what I have heard on a technical stand point but I want to make sure there won't be a bunch of hardware problems like I'm having with the Aem EMS. Thanks again.

A friend was running the Electromotive ignition system on a sprint car. They had problems in that environment with the hard parts not holding up. Of course that is about as extreme environment as you can get, especially when the roll 20 times in an accident.

Otherwise I have never heard of problems.