Started her up yesterday :-)

Renthorin

Lone Wolf
:biggrin:

Uncovered her and drained the oil while in the garage. Hadn't run her since November so all the oil should be in the pan. Put the drain plug back in and pushed her out of the garage enough so the front tires were still on the concrete (gravel driveway).

Took off the oil filter...cleaned the area up nice and pretty...went to put the new PF-52 on there.....and no filter sitting on the shelf. I KNOW I saw one there but it turns out it was a blue container of some chemical my wife had put there. :(

Dug the old filter out of the trash and cleaned it up as best I could and put it back on. Had to drive it back into the garage as it was too far out and I can't push on gravel.

Oh well. Got to listen to it idle for about 15 minutes and smell the left over 110 in the tank :biggrin:

Now I need to put road coverage on so I can dive again....once the dirt road dries up.

Had to put my new plate on the back seeing as they no longer allow the all-blue plates.....grrrrr

This time of year is too much of a tease. I won't even uncover my car until the temps are up to stay. It won't hit the road until a few good rains have washed all the salt away....... OK I'll admit I was real tempted to fire it up yesterday. :)

I also wait for the a few good rain showers :D

It was exciting just to hear the deep rumble of the exhaust anyway.

Couldn't Wait

After being cooped-up ALL day in the cubicle I had to stop on the way home and take mine for a spin (especially the rear tires). The theraputic value far out-weighed the whisps of road salt that I may have picked-up along the way.

Jeff...you took your TR out on the roads before April 1st? You know the rules!!

You have angered the weather spirits and I blame you for what I now see when I look out my window :(

You have angered the weather spirits and I blame you for what I now see when I look out my window :(

Ooops! My bad..... :eek:

I too was shocked and appauled (sp?) when I awoke this morning.

I say it was worth it... those 45 minutes are still the high-point for the week so far. :rolleyes:

You have my sincere apologies for angering the gods however. :biggrin:

I believe the technical term is "cabin fever" not nutzzz :biggrin:

I just got new off-road shocks for my truck so at least I have 'something' automotive to occupy myself with for now.

i dont think you can blame it all on JDM. i was out running around wednesday in my father in laws trailblazer ss and seen a gorgeous gn. the guy had both windows down. when i got up next to him he had such a huge smile on his face he had to have them down.

Yeah I know how that is. It could be 25 degrees out and I will have at least the driver's window down to hear the car :D

Sunday was a perfect day for a stroll. I drove mine from one garage to
another . :D After changing the oil and tire pressure ck.

Good times ahead for sure!! Buick bros.
Gus

Didn't Learn the First Time

Uhhhhh... Bill... I took my car out again yesterday... :redface:

Sorry, I wanted to bring it home so I can start on the spring cleaning.

I wondered where the white stuff came from this morning!!!

I had mine idling in the driveway again for 30 minutes while I cleaned things up yesterday.

Got the new oil filter on this time :)

I bought mine 9 days ago, I've driven it for a few minutes every dry day we've had.:biggrin:

It's supposed to rain here all next week. I was going to bring it out this weekend but it's raining hardcore! Not good when you have drag radials on! My goal this year is NOT to break anything ALL year. I haven't been able to do this since like 2002 or 2003. Seems every summer or whatever I break something. I need to do less racing and more driving/cruising.;)

Hey Don....speaking of places to cruise.......I wonder what we might do sometime this summer.....I'm thinking of a gathering.....oh well...maybe I will remember later...

I put road coverage back on my GN yesterday. Two more weeks with AAA then I switch to Grundy.

The weather here is supposed to be off and on chance for showers all weekend but I thought if the sun peeped out I would run into town and back and see if the 110 still smells good :D