stay down gas door

Camaro, Firebird, Caprice, Roadmaster to name a few. While your getting that, grab a lighted rear-view mirror too! :smile:

Got the gas door today. Also saw a really nice lighted rear view mirror in a Roadmaster. Is there anything special I'll need to hook that up ??

WHat does this door look like? I might need to grab a few as well... Any pics?

It isn't as big as the regular Regal one. I'll get a picture for ya sometime this week. A friend is getting it (and some other stuff) sandblasted before I drop them off to be powdercoated.

Jamie

It isn't as big as the regular Regal one. I'll get a picture for ya sometime this week. A friend is getting it (and some other stuff) sandblasted before I drop them off to be powdercoated.

Jamie

Just to give you a heads up, if you got the stay down fuel door from anything but a camaro it is not a direct bolt on. You do have a stay down door but the mounting holes are off by about 1/4-3/8 of an inch so make sure you slot the holes and check mounting before powdercoating. I sell the stay down door on here and spent a few hours at the pick n pull 1/2 off sale (because that is the only way i can make a profit) and i checked every gm car with a stay down door and i know the one you got, it either looks like a x or is square but smaller than the buick or camaro one. I also ran the part# on gm parts direct website and the camaro is the only bolt on bracket without modifying. Yours will work. you just have to slot the holes. Just dont want you to ruin a powdercoat job.
Greg

OK Obviously I understand what the "stay down" door is, it stays down when you open it to put gas in right....? I assume this one from the Camaro would work in the Monte too...? What makes it stay down?

Thanks

OK Obviously I understand what the "stay down" door is, it stays down when you open it to put gas in right....? I assume this one from the Camaro would work in the Monte too...? What makes it stay down?

Thanks

I dont know about the monte, the dor stays down because of a spring.

If I remember correctly, I thought the ones that fit our buicks came from the 90's Impalla SS 's, someone needs to verify this though, hth

Ken

Pic.

Attachments

• stay_down_small.jpg
    stay_down_small.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 263

Jamie
What is someone charging you to powercoat the gas door ?

Got the gas door today. Also saw a really nice lighted rear view mirror in a Roadmaster. Is there anything special I'll need to hook that up ??

Get the wiring that goes with it under the headliner and then all you do is tap into the wiring that leads to your factory dome light its a nice option.

thanks for posting the pic. Is there any way to get it a bit larger (ie: more detail)?