stock block upper limits....

I didn't mean to imply anyone was fibbing. It just seemed obvious to me that if you're making 600 HP, your heads are ported. I didn't run the numbers to validate my thoughts. It's just that 600 HP is a hell of a lot of HP with those "corks" in place.

My full weight T has gone 121+ on a mediocre track, with a soft launch, mediocre weather, 16 year old valve springs and 25 PSI, so Stockwell's performance seems eminently doable to me. In fact, I'm of the belief that if one guy can do something, so can the next. As Curt Schilling so wisely pointed out, Mystique and Aura are strippers.

:)

Originally posted by Snorman

And was the 3000 w/ or w/o a driver? I'd hate to think it was with a driver. But even without...WTF was removed to make that weight?

Fiberglass doors, hood, decklid, bumpers, and bumper supports. No front sway bar. Weld wheels which drop you about 20lbs a wheel. I believe it was also a low option car. It may have had a fuel cell, and the gas tank removed, which could also save some weight.

Car ran hard regardless of what it had. :) :cool:

Not doubting it ran well, but that is alot of weight removal for most. I think it was more doubtful that it ran that number with bone stock heads/cam.
I don't take an ounce out of my car at the track or on the street. Even have the spare/jack in place and change in the ashtray. ;)
I couldn't get into all that 'glass, but I'm definitely considering a set of Welds (as I think I'll need a wider tire in the near future) and a hollow front sway bar. I've already got the aluminum bumper supports, a hardtop and only AC, cruise and power windows. I'd be lucky to get to 3,550 with driver. :(
S.

Also, if my memory serves me correct the car has no A/C (that drops about 36lbs from what I've been told) and I'm also pretty sure it didn't have the back seat (don't know how much it weighs)..... That day at the track I was told by one of Jorge's boys that it weighed 3000lbs with him in it so yeah it's definitely a lightweight:)

Hey Reg!! Glad to have a little support on this topic. Neways, I've decided to go with the GTQ 70 series so when I post back in a month or so and say that it went 9.80's you guys can argue again about it;) I betcha guys won't believe me when I say that I have a stock toyota rear end as well as stock leaf spring suspension!!:eek:

-scott wile

Originally posted by Chevota
Hey Reg!! Glad to have a little support on this topic. Neways, I've decided to go with the GTQ 70 series so when I post back in a month or so and say that it went 9.80's you guys can argue again about it;) I betcha guys won't believe me when I say that I have a stock toyota rear end as well as stock leaf spring suspension!!:eek:

-scott wile

Glad you took my advice and went with the 70 GTQ:D

Toyota = quality cars/trucks so I can believe what your saying:cool:

Originally posted by Reginald West
Well what makes me mad is that I did'nt think of this before Scott did...

Wonder how long a stock block would live in METRO running 9.20 ?

REG

HEY - I got dibs on that idea first !!

Scott - what you doin slummin' over here? I think I'm going to use a GTQ 72 on my car. The Q trim should be a good gas passer. As cool as your truck is, I'm still in love with the 9 sec street rod.

Originally posted by Chevota
I betcha guys won't believe me when I say that I have a stock toyota rear end as well as stock leaf spring suspension!!:eek:

-scott wile

I wouldn't put it too far out in la la land.

Aren't the Toyota axles designed somewhat like a Ford 9" Center?

btw, awesome truck dude!

Yup, the toyota rearend is a 3rd member unit with an 8in pinion and 31 spline axles.

-Nashty- I figured I'd post this topic over here since people tend to get a little riled up when someone posts a topic like this as opposed to the "other board";) When will the Metro be done?

-scott wile

I'm thinking I should have it under it's own power sometime in February. Get all the bugs worked out and I'll be ready to rock come spring.

How tall a tire do you use with those 3.07 gears? What is your RPM through the traps?

Tell me more about the toyo rear. I saw the same body style as your toyo 4x4 with a 4 cylinder and 5 speed.....being parted.....

Is it the same rear as yours has? Any chance you know the wheel surface to wheel surface width? I have a 54 Henry J that needs a rear for it s buick transplant.......and power glide........but hopefully it will be 2200 lbs or so..

Re: Re: Jorge's Motor.

Originally posted by 86brick
The funny thing is I was told about Jorge's motor by another Jorge (Jorge P. aka Turbojorge on here).... He must have been mistaken.... Oh well it's good to see you post:)

Really? Funny thing is that I (at least untill this day) have never meet Jorge, have never talked to Jorge, and have never seen Jorge's car.

I strongly doubt I could have said something like that, specially when I probably wouldn't believe it myself.

:cool:

Re: Re: Re: Jorge's Motor.

Originally posted by Turbojorge
Really? Funny thing is that I (at least untill this day) have never meet Jorge, have never talked to Jorge, and have never seen Jorge's car.

I strongly doubt I could have said something like that, specially when I probably wouldn't believe it myself.

That's really strange considering I remember you telling me that it had a "stock motor" in your words at one of the meetings after the track rental at Bradenton when I mentioned the car to you..... :confused: Maybe Alex or somebody else told you about it and you told me and you just don't remember.... I am almost 100% sure you said that to me but maybe you were talking about another car or we weren't talking about the same car..... Oh well it's not a big deal the bottom line is his car doesn't have a stock longblock like I thought I heard..... Case closed!:cool:

Too many "told you's" and "told me's" in that statement.

I think I'm pretty competent with these cars to understand what "stock motor" means. I don't think I'd ever say a stock motor would run 10.20's in a GN cause I wouldn't believe it, ever! Plus, with what you know, you probably wouldn't have let me push that by you without you thinking BS and us getting down to that bottom of things that same night right?

You may have heard "stock block" from someone, but that usually means upgraded bolt-ons or something of that sort.

At 3000lbs I can believe it (as long as I know it weighed 3000lbs I'd think it was possible), matter of fact I know it's possible to run 10.20's with a stock longblock GN (Scott's 3000lb truck is a prime example of this and as I've said Tim as well as a couple others have run high 10's with a stock longblock and a full weight 3500-3600lb TR so if you do the math at 3000lbs 10.20's are very attainable with a stock longblock)..... BTW, when somebody says stock motor that to me means stock longblock (you can have bolt-ons like a turbo, IC, etc. and still have a stock motor meaning the factory unported intake/heads, factory cam, and the factory bottom end)..... All I know is I didn't make this stuff up that Jorge had a stock longblock (why would I??) and it appears that I heard wrong and that I also may of or did in fact hear it from somebody other than you (if you're not the one that told me about Jorge's motor I apologize for mentioning you)....

FWIW Jorge, I know you are competent with these cars and in no way was I or am I implying that you're not! Hell I haven't seen too many GNs with the amount of mileage your motor has running as fast as yours:) :cool:

Nashty -28in tall tires work great with the 3.07's

1320 - yes, the toyo rear end is the same as the 4x4 unit except it's got the smaller carrrier out of a v6 ext cab.

I never thought this topic would last this long!!

-scott wile

Hey, you can run 4's in a shopping cart with a "stock long block", but so what? Show me a full weight TR doing 10s with unported heads and I'm impressed.

I've heard so much crap over the years about this "stock long block" and that "stock long block". I have a buddy who insists his heads aren't ported ("just cleaned up a little" - WTF does that mean?), but is flirting with 10s with a 49.

Like these people have some sort of magic about them. If you can do it, the next guy can do it, and I can do it. In life, that's how it works. Like Schilling said, Mystique and Aura are dancers.

Originally posted by strikeeagle
Hey, you can run 6's in a go-kart with a "stock block", but so what? Show me a full weight TR doing 10s with unported heads and I'm impressed.

I've heard so much crap over the years about this "stock long block" and that "stock long block". I have a buddy who insists his heads aren't ported, but is flirting with 10s using a 49.

Like these peiople have some sort of magic about them. If you can do it, I can do it. That's how it works. Give me a break!

Do you believe in magic?:D ;) I see what you're saying and to tell you the truth I actually agree with you in that I am more impressed with a full weight TR running 10's with unported heads....

I still believe in magic though and I also still believe in Santa:p

Originally posted by strikeeagle
Santa is THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Ya know I sat on his lap in the mall the other day and asked him to bring me a TA aluminum block, but I honestly don't know how he will fit it in his sack:confused: Also, for some reason I got a lot of weird looks (guess a 6'4" 280lb guy asking for a TA aluminum block is not of the norm);) :D :eek: