Stock Exhaust elbow on a TE44

Quigs

Trained monkey
I just started working on my car today getting ready to put in my frontmount intercooler and TE44 turbo. Everything was going well and I got the turbo off in less than an hour. Then I hit my first snag, the wastegate puck on the stock elbow is smaller than the hole on the new turbo. Is there anyone who makes a bigger puck or has an elbow with a bigger puck?

5IN DPipe

You can purchase part number RJC-DPBOP

Slip this piece in and make your own hole so that the puck will seal.

HTH

BW

If all surfaces are flat, you wont need a gasket just like the factory did.

But, it wouldnt hurt to add a gasket between the turbo and that piece to make sure you get it sealed. You might ask Jason and see what he says.

I would head over to the hardware store and purchase some longer bolts just to make sure you have the bolts threaded in far enough.

I always use antiseize when i install the bolts in the exhaust housing

BW

New problem! The intake housing seems to be touching the coolant hose that comes off of the top of the waterpump.

That looks a helluva lot bigger than a TE44!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :confused: Maybe its just me??!!

What does anyone know what size turbo this is?

I think I'll start a new thread to see if anyone knows.

Yeah, that appears to be a much larger compressor housing than your typical TE44 turbo:eek: :eek: :eek:

Where did you get it from?

BW

A guy named Doug I met him at the track he was running low 9s and he told me he had a garage full of parts. I went to his house and found an FMIC w/pipes and he had 4 or 5 turbos so when I got some money I went back and got them but he was recovering from a stroke so I wonder if he ended up giving me one of the other turbos?

I think you're right. Looks for all the world to be a T70.