stock fan

blackbox

Hi, i was told that i could mount the stock fan on a gbody parts radiator. Well im have trouble doing this. Im not the greatest when it comes to working on cars learning as i go. Anyways cant find how to do this. The holes on the radiator are to far apart to match up with the stock fans holes. I know i need to upgrade but for now this has to do. So either my fan is not a stocker or im missing somthing here. Any help will be appreciated thanks.

ps ill try to post pics after work.

The fan doesn't mount to the radiator :confused: I'm going to take a stab at this and think you mean you can't get the top plate to go down far enough to get the fan bolts in. I have had this probem with the aftermarket radiators. You have to trim the rubber mounts a little because the tanks on the radiator are slightly bigger. :)

now i think i know whats going on. My car dosnt have the full plate. The previous owner trimed it down so you can see the whole top of the radiator. So i may need a new one. Thanks

now i think i know whats going on. My car dosnt have the full plate. The previous owner trimed it down so you can see the whole top of the radiator. So i may need a new one. Thanks

We have the top plate or hold down as well.
There should be a lower bracket also.
No mods to the radiator hold down need to be done for this to fit.

The previous owner cut up the hold down. Im guessing he thought it would be cooler. So im going to have to get another one. Thanks guys